Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my pupper Gypsy is on strict crate rest for the next few weeks. She has a partial tear in her ACL that the vet and I are praying heals on its own. So anyway, she is going nuts with boredom. She has been on rest for two weeks so far.

Anyway, I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions for toys she can play with that will excersize her mind. She has a kong toy that I stuff with treats, peanut butter, frozen canned dog food, all sorts of stuff! But, she is starting to get bored with that too, after all this time.

Thanks!

Ket

·
Registered
704 Posts
I buy raw beef bones..knuckle bones and leg bones are the nicest..keeps them busy for hours! You can either buy fresh at your local butcher's, or many pet stores are now offering clean plain or basted uncooked bones..just make sure they are uncooked (cooked bones can splinter).

If you don't mind a mess, you can also put newspaper or an old phonebook in the crate...they love to shred paper and any they injest will pass through thier system with no problems.

Just wanted to add...mix things up a bit...different toys or bones on different days keeps thier attention much better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She gets big recreational beef bones three times a week, so she is well supplied in that department. I bought her one of those edible plastic type bone things, and she loved it, but it was way too messy for me to handle! It was like glue on the carpet!

Thank you for your suggestions...she does LOVE to shred her stuffies, so maybe she will enjoy shredding a paper, haha.

Ket

1 - 3 of 3 Posts