Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Shay78 said:
Ok I sometimes Mix a can of Wet with rex dry food and he LOVES it! I only do it like 3 times a week as a treat. I wanted to do it more since he loves it so much but wanted to know how much is to much? Or can i give it to him whenever I want to?
i am NAUGHTY and i mix in about two tablespoons of wet food on top of his dry kibble almost once a day!!!!
i feel so bad for him eating boring dry food!
i sometimes also put yoghurt on top (which is good for them) or some rice, or something that's not boring dry kibble!
:oops: :oops:

·
Registered
634 Posts
most wet food is nothing but byproducts most You should feed your dog good food it can make the world of a differnce if u must give your dog wet foom i wouls say for abs one can to 4 cups in an and same at pm but thats just me what ever works for

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Patch said:
Shay78 said:
Ok I sometimes Mix a can of Wet with rex dry food and he LOVES it! I only do it like 3 times a week as a treat. I wanted to do it more since he loves it so much but wanted to know how much is to much? Or can i give it to him whenever I want to?
i am NAUGHTY and i mix in about two tablespoons of wet food on top of his dry kibble almost once a day!!!!
i feel so bad for him eating boring dry food!
i sometimes also put yoghurt on top (which is good for them) or some rice, or something that's not boring dry kibble!
:oops: :oops:
Yea dry kibble is boring so I like to make it exciting for him hehe

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Puregrover said:
most wet food is nothing but byproducts most You should feed your dog good food it can make the world of a differnce if u must give your dog wet foom i wouls say for abs one can to 4 cups in an and same at pm but thats just me what ever works for
There are many excellent quality canned foods...they don't all contain by products.

Canned food is no different than dry in terms of quality. There are good and bad of both.

If you read the directions of many canned foods often times it states canned should be mixed with dry (25% canned to 75% dry is what I seem to remember) for the best results and a firm stool.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Lisa said:
Puregrover said:
There are many excellent quality canned foods...they don't all contain by products.
Yep! There are some canned foods (Merrick, especially) that smell and look like (and have similar ingredients as) Campbells Chunky soups! :lol:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Lisa said:
Puregrover said:
Yep! There are some canned foods (Merrick, especially) that smell and look like (and have similar ingredients as) Campbells Chunky soups! :lol:
Yeah, but with less sodium than soup! :?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I usually mix the dogs food with Merrick wet food only at night though. Right now I am out though so they are getting a break from the wet food. They love it when it's mixed in though. Whenever I open a can of Merrick I totally want to take a bite, it always smells soooo good! lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Never feel guilty about feeding canned food to your dog. There are a lot of misunderstandings regarding wet food. First of all, a quality canned food is better for your dog's overall health than dry kibble. Dry kibble can draw extra moisture from the body and in turn make it harder for the kidneys to process the way they need to. Wet/canned food solves this problem. It generally contains more meat as well and is a lot more palatable. If you can afford to feed canned only, it would be a benefit to your dog. Kibble alone is by no means unhealthy, but when feeding kibble as the sole diet it is important to pour some water over it right before feeding it to your dog. This helps with dehydration, digestion and in ensures the kidneys will have enough water to help them do their work!

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Mine have canned food, Butchers Tripe. I mix it with dog meal/Burns and sometimes I add SA37 and olive oil. They love it clean bowl everyime. Canned food is good if your dog isn't drinking enough as it does contain mostly water.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my bully has royal canine large breed puppy dry mix at the moment.
but i always mix with minced cows tounges,cheeks,hearts etc.
she has 4 cups of dry to 3lb of mince per meal.
2 meals a day.
reading on here (new member) i expect to get shot down in flames for feeding my dog raw meat,buts thats the way ive always fed my dogs and they are very healthy,happy animals.

·
Registered
932 Posts
ChappsnHolly said:
I usually mix the dogs food with Merrick wet food only at night though. Right now I am out though so they are getting a break from the wet food. They love it when it's mixed in though. Whenever I open a can of Merrick I totally want to take a bite, it always smells soooo good! lol
My husband gave me a funny look the other day when i was feeding Patch (DVP organic formula, dry) and i commented how i'd love to just taste it to see what it actually tastes like!

Has anyone else been tempted to do this??

I mean, it wouldn't kill me would it!?

OK I CAN SEE ALL THE STRANGE LOOKS YOU ARE GIVING ME FROM HERE!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Patch said:
ChappsnHolly said:
My husband gave me a funny look the other day when i was feeding Patch (DVP organic formula, dry) and i commented how i'd love to just taste it to see what it actually tastes like!

OK I CAN SEE ALL THE STRANGE LOOKS YOU ARE GIVING ME FROM HERE!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops:
I've tasted my dogs' kibble, but never their wet food. I can't bring myself to try the wet food! :lol:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Patch said:
ChappsnHolly said:

I've tasted my dogs' kibble, but never their wet food. I can't bring myself to try the wet food! :lol:
so you've tried the dry food????
alleluia, i am not a loser! i am SO tempted to.....
i mean, it's all organic..... i don't even eat organic (yet my pooch does.... go figure).

i'm so tempted to give it a try tonight....

and no i couldn't eat the wet food... the smell of that is bad enough!
plus it looks like someones chewed it and thrown it back up again :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.