Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so Loki was nearly house trained last week. He would go to the back door to get out and pee, we had no accidents for about a week!

Now, all of a sudden, he is pissing inside again, but whats worse is, we cant catch him! We only find the puddles. I busted him doing it the other day, he SITS down, and starts peeing when he sits, then just stands up and walks away. They are only little puddles, but he has been peeing all the time, i keep finding puddles the size of the palm of my hand.

What do i do? Startle him every time he sits down? I cant tell when he is going to pee, i watched him do it out the back the other day when he was tired, he just sat down like normal, looked at me and started doing a wee, then just stood up when he was finished and walked away!

Sneaky bugger!!

Has anyone else had a pup that did this "stealth" peeing?

Steve

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Never let him out of your sight. Have him on leash if you have to, maybe start taking him out side every hour. I figure dogs are like horses, they always get worse before they actually get it. Its like they have to try everything else before they figure out what you actually want.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Until he's fully housebroken he should never be out of your site. I believe my vet told me they are not fully trained until they have not had an accident in 4-6 weeks (maybe I'm wrong). But if he's doing it when you don't see then he has too much freedom. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.