Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Satchmo did great on the float trip. We camped on the banks of the Eleven Point River (Missouri) for four days and three nights. He did great in the tent, which was our main concern. He got a little red, despite repeated sunblocking, mainly just where he could lick it away.

We are coming to terms that he will never be much of a water dog, in fact he seemed to have trouble swimming WITH the life jacket we got him, and was even worse without it. He hardly left our side the whole trip, he is so pack oriented.

Here's a link of two videos, I will add two more when I figure out how to downsize an AVI file to fit on youtube.

This one is after we made him swim back to us in the canoe. He is dissing my gf for me. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJK_G0USZUc

Here he is nearing the end of the trip. Just a little wore out. :lol: (My memory card ran out so this only lasts 3 sec :x )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSZCt5BskYk

Here's some pics:

Starting off.

Always a bad omen when the vultures are circling over your head at the beginning of a trip.

Lets play count the vultures that are going to eat you.

First campsite. The river is almost entirely spring fed. We camped right next to one of the spings. The water was FREEZING, despite 100 degree heat.

Day Two

Fisherman.

My gf had been talking about a particular campsite she wanted for months. We got there and it was every bit of 110 degrees there, maybe more. I call it Camp Hell. Mo found a poop area for campers with disgusting results. (reverse this --->:pukeleft: ) Mo couldn't take the heat, neither could I, so majority ruled and we moved on to another campsite.

Trying to cool off.

Moving on.

Giant Blue Herron.

At the second camp:

Funny joke my girlfriend tried to pull: Putting a crawdad on my chair.

Did we pack everything?

"I'm king of the world!"

Strangers

Mo posing.

My new favorite Mo pic.

This pic looks small, but it is HUGE. (six pics stiched together)

Third camp.

We call this bear cliff (cause we thought we saw a bear there last year, it was a racoon I'm sure). There were a million bats here at nightfall, it was amazing! Despite the cold water we swam here for a little while. Once you were in and you got your heart re-started the water was just fine.

Herron again.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
those are awesome photos.
Dude, I don't do camping when it's above 90 degrees especially in a tent. Ah whom I kidding? I don't do camping at all :D.

but those pictures are way cool and it looks like The Mo had a ball. He needs a friend.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
georgious pics...where is that? I wanno go!

I am surprised he did so well...I dont have that faith in my dogs! First off go MO on not attacking the camp fire. I smoke cig. and I cant even light a lighter without both dogs in my face barking at it...they hate fire for some reason! I just love the pic with him al snuggled with the "luggage" LOL!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Beleive it or not, we were cold at night. I had Mo next to me and still had to get in the sleeping bag.

I can't even imagine trying to do this with two dogs.......we'll see.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Awesome pictures! I like the one of Mo trying to cool off. It looks like he is just laying there with his legs stretched out in back. Very cute!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cfhoftampa said:
georgious pics...where is that? I wanno go!

I am surprised he did so well...I dont have that faith in my dogs! First off go MO on not attacking the camp fire. I smoke cig. and I cant even light a lighter without both dogs in my face barking at it...they hate fire for some reason! I just love the pic with him al snuggled with the "luggage" LOL!
We were suprised he was so mellow, although he has not been feeling well.

He sat soo close to the fire every night. I guess he likes the heat.

It's in southern central Missouri.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys! I love how he looks in the forest pic, such a tough guy!

I love the one of his head in the middle of your bags! He's looking really good too, that one of him standing in the forest is amazing! I don't know how he stays so clean!
That was after several hours of floating. He slept standing up in the canoe. He put his butt on the edge of the canoe and his head on the cooler and slept. :lol: BUT he wasn't clean, he had ate camper poop at the previous site so we really wanted nothing to do with him. :tongue6:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
cannon said:
BUT he wasn't clean, he had ate camper poop at the previous site so we really wanted nothing to do with him. :tongue6:
What a sick a$$! I told Heidi, she wasn't offended at all. She loves the rugged type. Sounds like he would do quite well if he got lost in the woods. :wink:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rugged!!! LOL! :lol: It is almost too gross to even joke about. It was so disgusting I can't even get into it.

Yeah we thought of leaving him behind, he just kept following us though. :roll:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.