Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 days old, and one has already gotten OUT of the kiddie pool twice already. So, I had to break down and move them downstairs in to the ACTUAL whelping box. They're really starting to move around and play already.
The development really seems to be going more quickly than the last time. Anyway, here are some pics of them in their new dwelling for the next 6-8 weeks. Don't mind the mess....and they had only been in there about 15 minutes when these were taken! Messy little things.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vaughndyer1 said:
I makes me want another baby but NO NO NO !!! (that was directed towards me) :lol: :lol:
Yeah, you have what, 3-4 already, right? You need another one about as much as I do. I would keep one, but the wifey won't allow it. 3's already too many for her....so is 2... :cry:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yep I know!!! They are just so cute and you just wanna kiss em and love em and protect them from society. Ya know what I mean?!

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vaughndyer1 said:
Yep I know!!! They are just so cute and you just wanna kiss em and love em and protect them from society. Ya know what I mean?!

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I just wish I could afford a huge piece of fenced land to keep and care for them all. It's hard to let them go to families, even ones you trust, because you can't ever control the outside circumstances, the @$$holes of the world living, lerking around the corner...

~S

PS
I love the quote in your signature!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
BanterBull said:
vaughndyer1 said:
I makes me want another baby but NO NO NO !!! (that was directed towards me) :lol: :lol:
Yeah, you have what, 3-4 already, right? You need another one about as much as I do. I would keep one, but the wifey won't allow it. 3's already too many for her....so is 2... :cry:
Wow! I can't believe you aren't keeping one! All that work, and no plans of even holding one back? Why even bother going through the hassle of having a litter if you don't even want to keep one back for your program? Seems like alot of work for nothing.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lisa said:
BanterBull said:
vaughndyer1 said:
Wow! I can't believe you aren't keeping one! All that work, and no plans of even holding one back? Why even bother going through the hassle of having a litter if you don't even want to keep one back for your program? Seems like alot of work for nothing.
Because I'm not in the position right now to have 4 dogs in my yard. That's why I'll home all of them strategically so they'll still be part of my program even if not in my yard. They'll all still be a part of my program, you see, that's part of my puppy purchase contract. You would see it as a lot of work for nothing... I don't see it that way at all.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Because I'm not in the position right now to have 4 dogs in my yard. That's why I'll home all of them strategically so they'll still be part of my program even if not in my yard. They'll all still be a part of my program, you see, that's part of my puppy purchase contract. You would see it as a lot of work for nothing... I don't see it that way at all.

Thanks for the expalanation.

I guess that would work well too, as long as the people you placed the pups with have enough knowledge and experience to know what it is they are looking at/for. I guess I just like certain traits in a dog, and would still like to have at least one or 2 to evaluate personally if I ever had a litter. Although I do know people that I trust fairly well to give me a decent evaluation , we still all have diffferent opinions of what makes a great (breed worthy) dog and its difficult to see what they are really made of unless you spend alot of time with the dog(s) yourself, working them hard and observing them in day to day life. Sometimes it takes a while to expose certain flaws and weaknesses and some times one persons great dog is another persons cull.

To each their own I guess. We all have different priorities when it comes to what we want from our dogs.

Good luck.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
vaughndyer1 said:
well keep us updated either way...
Well, I highly doubt we'll be keeping one now. We just made a HUGE business decision today, so I don't think a puppy is anywhere in our near future... But, it's a tremendous opportunity for us, so we HAVE to do it. It's what we moved here for in the first place...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts