Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello once again everyone. I have recently ran into another problem with my EB, Havok.

Over the past few days he has started to shed hair alot faster then normal, and has developed these small looking "moth eaten holes" in his coat on the top of his head and now moving to the side of his shoulders. When the problem first happened I showed my vet since I had a scheduled appointment and he told me it was just a skin irritation, and that letting him sit in the sun would clear it up, but since then it has only gotten worse, it now covers the top of his head. i am currently a few hrs from home on vacation so I wanted to see what you all thought about this. I did a search and came up with people using Selson Blue and Apple cidar vinegar on the spots. I will try to get some pics of this ASAP. Just looking for a little more info on the possible causes and solutions. Thanks for your time.

Joe

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
When you took him in did your vet do a skin scraping? If not, request one. It can rule out alot of things like parasites, mites, bacterial infections, etc. You might also want to thing about having his thyroid levels tested? Could also be allergies. What type of food are you feeding?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now we are feeding him a mix of nutro-max dry kibble and nutro-max beef and rice in gravy.

He does have allergies, he was on meds before for them, it caused him to cough up a yellowish flem. and made his eyes sag. So maybe it has something to do with that. I will set up an appointment as soon as possible for him to get a scraping, thanks for your input:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts