Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know everyone hates muzzles, but I can't think of anything else to do!

When we leave to go to the store, Brittle goes into my mom's room and gets out the dirty laundry on the floor and eats the panties and bras. Well, we closed the door so she decided to go into the garbage cans or find shoes that were left out and chew them til it looks like snow on the floor!

We've tried everything! I even made her eat a tiny scrap of paper (which made her stop for 48 hours) and scolded her. But it's no use!

The muzzle is the only thing keeping her from eating stuff. I don't want to put hot sause on my panties or my shoes!

Is there anything else we can do? Any suggestions?

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
It's not safe to put a muzzle on your dog and leave them unattended. It makes it difficult for them to pant (which is one way they cool themselves) & they can't drink water.

Your best bet would be to crate her when you're gone. It keeps them safe and it keeps you house/personal belongings safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
For the protection of your house and for her protection, you need to crate her when she cannot be supervised. She will eventually chew into your electrical cords, or items that will cause her an intestinal blockage. If you do not have one, I got Clara's at Walmart for around $60.00. A crate is a lot cheaper than a vet bill. They are also advertised in the classifieds in the paper. If you have one, please use it for her. It could very well save her life.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Crate and or put Brittle behind a baby gate. Plus, there is a bitter sauce spray you can buy for them. First and foremost, you just need to pick crap up off the floor. ;)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Crated, yep.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Kate used to do this. Then I learned 1. to pick up my stuff 2. more exercise so she was too tired to and 3. crate when I'm not home

now I have all my underwear :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only reason I didn't want to crate is because we have 2 others around the house and she likes being with them. Should I put all three of them in a room together? They don't fight or anything like that. They usually just jump up on a bed and sleep together until we come home.

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Xelleron said:
The only reason I didn't want to crate is because we have 2 others around the house and she likes being with them. Should I put all three of them in a room together? They don't fight or anything like that. They usually just jump up on a bed and sleep together until we come home.
can you cannot leave 3 dogs alone together, what if they do fight? you wont be there to stop it. Crate her, exercise her and don't leave thing laying around.

We all learn the same way :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts