Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't bash me please.

but what do you think of muzzles to help keep your dog from chewing the entire house? i've looked online and cannot find one for the EB (which is understandable) but if anyone knows where i can purchase something similar, i'd appreciate your help.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
snarky said:
don't bash me please.

but what do you think of muzzles to help keep your dog from chewing the entire house? i've looked online and cannot find one for the EB (which is understandable) but if anyone knows where i can purchase something similar, i'd appreciate your help.

When you are not home???Do you have a crate?? When you are not home, crate your dog. When you are, you can keep an eye out to make sure your dog is not eating house and home!!!

I do not kow much about muzzles, but have much experience w/ all my dogs about avoiding losing everything to doggy teeth!!!Lol, except shoes, Ive lost like, hundreds!!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would love to crate her but my b/f thinks it's cruel. he thinks she should be out running around in the backyard while we are at work.

it's a no win situation..... i want to use the crate, he wants a muzzle

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
they cant pant, they cant drink with a muzzle. what if she gets sick with it on and cant throw up? Then she will choke. Muzzles should not be used unsupervised. A crate is not a bad thing at all!!! If she gets enough exercise while you are home then the crate will be her resting time. It can be like her "den". Thats what dogs are used to out in the wild

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can you tell him that :(

i agree with all of you about not using a muzzle. i think THAT is cruel.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Exercise her some before you leave, and I guarantee she'll just sleep in her crate. What's cruel about letting a dog sleep in a crate? ;) ;)

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bella_blue said:
Exercise her some before you leave, and I guarantee she'll just sleep in her crate. What's cruel about letting a dog sleep in a crate? ;) ;)
my sentiments exactly :wink:

tell Bella congrats for me :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
You cant leave a dog with a muzzle on ever...its definetly a form of abuse and you could home and not have a dog anymore..hate to be so harsh, but please educate your boyfriend that a muzzle is not the answer...They are for short term visits such as the vet or maybe at a groomer..but not for home use at all..uhhhhh the dog wouldnt be able to breathe, drink, eat, or if he was sick vomit and choke and aspirate and die ...hate to sound so awful but its upsetting to think your poor baby would end up with a muzzle and have more trouble than a chewed shoe...puppies are that way..and are puppies for almost 2 years minimum... :roll:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Not to sound harsh, but ask your b/f if he wants a dead dog or an alive, healthy one????? That should be a no brainer. :wink:

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
A muzzle would be more cruel then putting your dog in the crate. Your husband should read articles online and such, educate himself that the crate IS the answer. Any dog trainer will tell you that too. Especially for puppies, it's a helpful a lot for potty training etc. You don't have to keep him in it forever, only until you trust him in your house alone. I wouldn't leave him in your back yard un supervised either. He could choke on something while your not there, or someone could steal him. Especially an English Bulldog.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts