Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Kate was never socialized around kids either. And she did the same kind of bark (I totally got what you meant!). Ya know, I'm 21 with a 15 yr old sister, so there wasnt a lot of options for me to try to socialize her around kids. Well my cousins are young and little so when we were with that what we had them do was live around her. She would always be on a leash or on a chain in the yard and they would just live around her and ignore her. Everyday the little girl would try to get closer and closer to Kate by maybe sticking her foot out and what not. One day Kate finally stopped barking and let her pet her! It was wonderful. But we still take things slowly with her and let each new kid do this. We can't automatically assume because one little kid pet her that she will like all now.

So I would suggest keep going to the beach or a park where kids are around and just let him be around them but no petting right away. Also, if you are going to have a kid pet him, make sure its one you know and trust. Don't force anything onto your dog either, let things go slow

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.