Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9mo spayed Female AB and 3 cats in the house. The 2 female cats let the AB know early on that they wanted nothing to do w/ her. I knew this by the scratches on her nose. Our male cat is a lover not a fighter and barely paws at the dog even when she starts getting rough w/ him.

The wife an I are getting tired of telling her "no"... I know she is just wanting to play, and I wouldn't mind if I KNEW that she wouldn't be rough w/ the cat... but she is a bully and I don't want to risk it.

The spray bottle does not work.. she just looks at you weird. :? We tried the "Bitter Apple" but she just licked her lips... :shock: I don't want to get a shock collar because I have a feeling that it would just make her more aggressive. :evil: (Yes, I have had that suggested)

Does anybody have any ideas...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Titus is 8 months old and he like to try and play with our 11 year old cat, at first we thought the same thing cause our cat has been around alot of dogs and she likes to snuggle up to them and all Titus wants to do is play rough... we got tired of yelling no and I guess the cat got tired of being pestered one day and literally hooked Titus on the butt with her claw and then continued to chase him around the house smacking his rear end.... now he will run up to her and she will let out a loud yowl like some one is killing her and he will turn and run the opposite direction... The cat has to stand up for itself sooner or later or you will have to keep them seperated or keep your eyes on them at all times...

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
No advice other then what was suggested. The cat will tell her when hes had enough. Until then though, I would keep an eye on them to make sure she doesn't seriously hurt him, but don't interfear unless you have to. They will work it out.

wizworx said:
I guess the cat got tired of being pestered one day and literally hooked Titus on the butt with her claw and then continued to chase him around the house smacking his rear end....
Mental picture of that LMAO!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.