Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody, Yesterday I picked up my 7 week old blue pit-bull.. I named hm Achilles after the roman warrior.. He is an awesome dog and I look forward to many many years of good times!!
-Matt

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Oh he's a cutie!! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I thought he looked like Bella too! So cute! And how dare you only post one picture of such an adorable puppy! :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Everybody.. Thank you all very much for the nice posts and the welcomes.. Achilles is such an awesome pup! I could not be any happier.. Tomorrow I will get some more pictures up.. He went to the Vet this morning for his first vaccinations and his de-worm.. I picked him up from the breeder yesterday.. Anyways.. Thank you all again,
and I'll post more pictures ASAP..
-Matt

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice looking pup and a great name! I was thinking of naming my pups after the Greek and Trojan warriors as well. I think that's fitting for such powerful courageous dogs.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I love it. We are getting so many blue pits and I love that color. Welcome and congrats on your new addition

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again for everybodys kind introductions!! I am alittle bit nervous though about something Achilles has been doing.. When he gets into a deep sleep, he will start to twitch and shutter as if he was having a seizure.. Sometimes its lightly, and sometimes its pretty bad, untill I wake him and then it stops.. Do you think he is having seizures? or is this something common among the Pit-Bull breed.. I was doing alot of research about it tonight because it is something that is greatly worrying me! If you have any information, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks again, and I will get new pictures up as soon as possible!!
-Matt & Achilles :D

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Bella always has twitchy dreams, some more violent than others. Sometimes she kicks her legs like she's chasing something. :) I wouldn't worry about it unless he starts exhibiting this behavior while he's awake.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bella_blue said:
Bella always has twitchy dreams, some more violent than others. Sometimes she kicks her legs like she's chasing something. :) I wouldn't worry about it unless he starts exhibiting this behavior while he's awake.
Well I am happy to hear that.. Achilles is my pride and joy and I want to make sure he is taken care of ! I'll probably give the vet a call tomorrow just to make sure.. I hope that when Achilles gets bigger he looks like your bella.. You deffinately have a beautiful dog! Thanks for the speedy reply also!
-Matt

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Mylexon20s said:
bella_blue said:
Well I am happy to hear that.. Achilles is my pride and joy and I want to make sure he is taken care of ! I'll probably give the vet a call tomorrow just to make sure.. I hope that when Achilles gets bigger he looks like your bella.. You deffinately have a beautiful dog! Thanks for the speedy reply also!
-Matt
Well, thank you! I can't wait to watch Achilles grow up in your pictures. You should post his pictures at least once a day. ;)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
he's cute :D

like the article said, you wouldnt be able to wake him if he was having a seizure. i use to have a dog that had seizures and its very scary, he would shake and foam at the mouth and he would be out of it for a few minutes afterwards. sadly he escaped and we never found him :cry:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Mylexon20s said:
Thanks again for everybodys kind introductions!! I am alittle bit nervous though about something Achilles has been doing.. When he gets into a deep sleep, he will start to twitch and shutter as if he was having a seizure.. Sometimes its lightly, and sometimes its pretty bad, untill I wake him and then it stops.. Do you think he is having seizures? or is this something common among the Pit-Bull breed.. I was doing alot of research about it tonight because it is something that is greatly worrying me! If you have any information, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks again, and I will get new pictures up as soon as possible!!
-Matt & Achilles :D
Awww he's dreaming! I can't think of a dog I've had who hasn't done that. I always thought it was cute.

Great looking pup, btw :)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
He is a great looking pup! Gotta love the blues.

Glad to hear that it sounds like dreaming and not seizures. My dog Mo dreams a lot and twitches his mouth and feet. Sometimes he even makes little monkey noises. :roll:

I bet it is a sign of intelligence that they can dream so vividly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Beautiful puppy! :) My foster shepherd growls and whines in his sleep, and I had another dog who would bark, only he wouldn't open his mouth so it was this muffled "mrrumph" noise. I thought he was choking the first few times he did it. :roll:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts