Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
unfortunately, at the hospital we go to the mental health ward, so no pictures are allowed, but at the nursing home and school pictures are allowed, so here are some pics of Rufus at the nursing home and doing the reading program with 2nd graders with reading disabilities. i take half a vacation day once a month during the school year for rufus to have the kids read to him:

Sonny and rufus did therapy tonight at the assisted living home,Shotzie is the schnauzer mix, lulu is the frenchie, muzzy is the dobe, sonny is the rott/dob/lab mix

Hmm, i wonder what the kids will read to me today....

time to get comfy on the blanket.

ok, this book isnt bad

wait, i want to hear that part again

this is a good time for a belly rub...

wait i cant see the picture..

that was great kelly

thank you for reading to me

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Those pictures are so precious! All of your dogs are amazing, but I must say, Rufus ROCKS! :headbang:

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, we started out by going to obedience classes at 2 months old 4 times a week for a year straight.. the trainer told me at 6 months old he would be good for therapy work, so we started working him with canes and stuff at class.. he took the akc cgc at a year and one monthold, then at a year and a half he took the therapy dog test and passed.. he also has his TT title, that he got when he hit 2 years old .. we then started going to the local hospital every saturday, and have been doing it for 2 years now.. he was always a calm pup, and nothing fazed him at class, so the trainer picked him for therapy work training.. he is not a typical jumpy dog, he is quite the couch potato.. the patients love him, so do the 2nd graders, and i get to change peoples minds one person at a time....

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
:D Boy, it's a tough life for that boy, isn't it? :wink: That's great. It looks like the residents and kids so enjoy having the dogs there.

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Thanks for bringing this kind of inspiration to the forum - with so many negative
articles on and in the news, it is good to see how loving they can be and are.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Those pics are great! I really love the 10th and 11th pic. It looks like the little girl is trying to show him the pictures in the book. That's so cute.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts