Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the board.

TANK - Our English Bully is 10 wks old and we're a bit concerned about his ears. They stand practicaly errect (which according to "everyone" they shouldn't) - one ear folds downward about 1/4 over on the top and the other flips backwards. He looks like a frenchie with a BIG bulldog head. I hope the picture shows up. We would like to tape his ears to "teach" them to fold down. Any one have a "HOW TO" to toss over?? Thank you very much - Tank and Family

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
tape quarters to them.... i've heard of that in the past when i was a kid....

but i think he's cute just the way he is!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
He's adorable. If you're not gonna show him then don't worry about how "everyone" thinks his ears should be. It gives him personality. I just luv him! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all the compliments - I'll make sure to tell Tankie what everyone thinks. Bearsmom he does look alot like a frenchie from that picture. Maybe I shoulda taken one where he wasn't looking up. My vet said to tape pennies to them too - through my research I found this web site : http://www.home.earthlink.net/~celestialpugs/Eartapingprocedure.htm

It shows how to tape a pugs ears to the "button" form, I was going to try this but I wanted to get more ideas from Bully owners. Hate to make him look like a Fb/Eb/PUG hah. ANyways, thanks for the info.
-I'm guessing I should tape the coins to the inside of the ear - I wonder how helpful it'll be. AGain thanks everyone. I really like this site.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
one of my friends did it to a german sheperds ear, he wanted one of them to flop... so he did the quarter thing and it worked.

i still think tankie is a cutie just the way he is

·
Registered
703 Posts
Personnally I love them ears! I wouldn't touch them for nothing, they give him personality! The coins to the ears will work though, along with massaging (petting) them. He's just too cute! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tank has an appointment tomorrow for his frenchie ears - :) :( - Glad to fix them, sad to see them go. Here are more pictures. Thanks for everything.

·
Registered
255 Posts
ohh he's soo adorable!!

just out of curiosity, what is the appointment for? how do they fix it? is it surgically? and if you don't mind, i'm curious to know how much a procedure like that costs? also don't forget to put up some of tank's progress pics. i've never seen cosmetic surgery on dogs before, but i guess they do that :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, no surgical procedures. Our vet is just going to tape so them learn to fold down. No offense taken on that he looks like a frenchie - he's just a baby, 11 wks this past saturday. His parents look really good and he takes after his momma on some of his facial features. He should fill out. I think once his ears are down it'll broaden his face a little more rather than looking a bit narrow without the framing of droopy ears. WEll, at least i think it'll help. And if not then oh well we love him no matter what. It's so fun having a puppy around our home. Bulldogs are just awesome!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh yes, I think the vet is charging us like $20 for the taping plus the visit fee. I think she's going to do the coin method, we had spoken about it before. Thanks and I promise to post pics after then vet visit, I can't wait I'm sure it'll be funny.

·
Registered
255 Posts
his mummy and daddy are beautiful! eb's always look like angry old men! i love it!

put up more photos of Tank, infact I demand more photos of Tank! :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts