Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Chucky, my male AB. He is trained for home invasion and generally, a smooch monster for my wife. What an excellent team. To say he is protective would be a huge understatement.

I think I trained my wife in how to live with him more than I trained the dog. LOL.

My female is somewhere in the house, getting into trouble. :wink:

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Chucky is a very good looking boy! I love the look on his face "Yeh, she loves me". Is there any particular reason you trained him in protection for your wife (other than the fact he's a working breed)? I know it's a great idea to have a dog trained that well, just wondering if there was a particular incident that was the catalyst for training him.

Oh...and your wife is beautiful! :D

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
What a great looking boy! You talk so much about Chucky it's always nice to actually see him! :D

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Nice looking boy you have there. And he probably has the most important job of all. I'd love to see that bad boy in action. Got any vids?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks.

Really, I thank Lucillano Oliva for selling me my dream dog. He has some nice dogs. Where ICE is my sport dog (and she is far superior to that end), Chucky is pure PP. He is different. However, even he will get his BST soon, I hope. If he does not flip me the bird. :lol:

To answer your question, why train him for PP? What are you going to do with a dog like him WITHOUT training? He is a snuggle bunny. However, he can be satanic. To me, he is why I like bulldogs. Game (as close as I can get without rolling him), courage AND very good with women and children. He is a true old time plantation bulldog, except with one major difference. He has zero hesitation on humans. He was bred for courage on man.

Bottom line is, I like him, and I KNOW he likes me. Otherwise he would be trying bite my a##. :lol:

Videos. I am going to work on that. We just don't have time.

What I like about him the most: ANYONE IN THE FAMILY CAN TAKE HIS FOOD DISH AWAY. ICE CAN EAT HIS FOOD. MY 98LB MOM CAN GRAB HIM BY HIS COLLAR, STARE HIM IN THE FACE AND TELL "no!!!" VERY SOFT WITH KIDS. This is why he is a great PP dog. Easy to keep close.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the only think we are working on is.......

my new father in law coming over to the house, once in awhile.

Chucky don't play.

Now, I told my wife, not to let his wagging tail and happy looks fool her. He is just happy to get a bite!
My wife is so good with both my dogs.

The ONLY thing I hate, though, is she lets my dogs inside the house and sometimes in the bedroom!!!!!!!!! :evil: What next! Brushing their teeth? Getting them doggie bakery cookies? hahahahah.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
So he's bipolar? LOL, just joking.. he looks like an absolute mushball but I'm sure he's deadly if need be.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, he may be.....

His nickname is "psycho" at the club.
My wife's nickname for him is "smooch master".

He really does not have much emotion, per say. He is straight to the point. He bites or he licks.

Really, he is Jecky and Hyde.

I just invested in a 5000 dollar fence for him.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Wait a minute!! Wife that means you got married :lol: I have read that you were engaged, now wife!!!! You must have tied the knot recently, Congratulations!!!!!!!! Your wife is a very pretty lady :D

OF course your dog is awesome,.too!!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well it's about time you posted a facial picture of him! How long have you been here? I think this is the first photo of him I've seen! He's a very sweet looking boy! You can tell he loves his momma.
Thank you for sharing his photo finally! LOL!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks.

I got married a month ago and went for a two week cruise. My mother looked after the dogs. :lol: :lol:

I knew she was a keeper when she said she loved dogs!

Funniest thing is, she was TOTALLY scared of Chucky. I mean total FEAR! He is a very emotionless dog, actually, until you know him. And she thought my female was on METH.

Now, she LOVES them. They even listen to her. :wink: Weiners........the master trainer!

PS. Yaaaa, I think my wife is gorgeous! I think the first thing I asker her when I met her was, "do you like dogs?" I asked her to marry me in 4 months. My wife had the maltese. She used to think it was the BEST thing since slice bread. Now, she has Chucky. She says Chucky is basically a giant more loving version of her maltese. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The maltese lives with her mom and dad now. :p

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Re: thanks.

PeterC said:
I got married a month ago and went for a two week cruise. My mother looked after the dogs. :lol: :lol:

I knew she was a keeper when she said she loved dogs!

Funniest thing is, she was TOTALLY scared of Chucky. I mean total FEAR! He is a very emotionless dog, actually, until you know him. And she thought my female was on METH.

Now, she LOVES them. They even listen to her. :wink: Weiners........the master trainer!

PS. Yaaaa, I think my wife is gorgeous! I think the first thing I asker her when I met her was, "do you like dogs?" I asked her to marry me in 4 months. My wife had the maltese. She used to think it was the BEST thing since slice bread. Now, she has Chucky. She says Chucky is basically a giant more loving version of her maltese. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The maltese lives with her mom and dad now. :p
I wish you a long life of happiness :D Is she getting into training them? I bet she will catch the bug, too.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
are you kidding?

My wife just spoils them. She just wants teddy bears.

She cannot even understand WHY you want a trained dog.

No, she lets me play with my dogs. I am happy with that!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts