Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you guys know, India just went through heat. She's about a week out of her bleeding phase and her nipples are getting more swollen everyday. I know that they swell during their heat, but is it normal for them to get this large after it's over? We never left her unsupervised, so I don't think there is anyway she coud be pregnant. Here's the picture....let me know what you guys think.

(p.s. her spay appointment is in december....)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

·
Registered
861 Posts
That is perfectly normal. Just think of how bloated and uncomfortable we women are that time of the month. :twisted: The swelling will go down. Keep her away from males for 4 weeks. Heat cycles can be as long as 4 weeks and as short as 1 week. I would confine her for 4 just to be safe!!! She looks like a sweet pea...Looking at her other photos! LOL

·
Registered
125 Posts
If she stopped bleeding a week ago, she's not out of heat yet and can still get pregnant. Bitches ovulate after they are done bleeding. I'm cautious for 4 weeks with my girls just to be safe.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the feedback! right now most of her doggie friends are female....so i'm pretty safe in regards to her getting prego. i'm glad to hear that she's normal....well at least her nipples are :lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My female had a false pregnancy...she was spayed at about 1.5 years...don't ask, some of us learn late. Anyway, her nipples are giant! Even when she was in for her spay the vet thought she had atleast one litter because her uterus was thick (or thin, I can't really remember).

I really wish I would have known much earlier in her life the importance of spay/neuter. My poor boy is also riddled with the OH-SO-ATTRACTIVE empty ball sack........lovely.

Do it early kids!!!! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.