Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also known as ActionGrrrl. She's an SPCA special.. I dunno.. part PB, part weasel. She lives with me in the RV and spends most of her time in the forest or desert chasing critters. Her newest nickname is 'Bearbiter' after she latched onto a young male black bear that got too near. I tell ya, that bear made the most gawdawful squealing I'd ever heard. He had one hell of a set of lungs and was giving them a workout. Anyway, thought I'd show her off. ..Willy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spent a bit of time this past summer at a coffee shop in Osoyoos B.C. and the (very attractive) woman who operates the place commented that women would literally kill to have hair the colour of Coco's fur. That shot doesn't do her justice.. will try to get another one. Here's one for the interim. Luckily, even at 3 yrs of age, she still looks and acts like a puppy.. people cut her a bit more slack instead of running for the hills. ..Willy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome and Coco (though she doesn't come right out and say it) is pleased with the compliments. I picked up a 6 MP Casio that takes excellent movies and I'm busy shooting gig after gig of video. This is going to be my revenge on relatives that made me sit through interminable slide-shows and badly shot Super-8 movies when I was young; how 'bout 5-6 hours of HQ puppy movies? Millions of pics? ..Ahh hahahaaaa! Taste the evil! ..Willy.

·
Registered
719 Posts
LOL...I've felt the same about slideshows and home movies... :lol:

She's very cute! I have a liver-coloured curly-coated retreiver - it's a gorgeous colour in real-life, but it photographs badly :( ...which is too bad! I imagine you're having the same issues with your girl's colour...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have to go through my archive disks to find something shot with my NEW camera.. the older ones were OK, but that's about it. Also, the lighting has to be just right in order to catch the reflected light off the fur. It really makes a difference buying top quality dog food; the puppy gets all shiny and very pettable. Years ago, with my first dog Roxy (another PBx), I was up in N. Ab. near Grimshaw. Took Roxy in for her shots and the vet said he'd never seen a dog with such glossy fur & so healthy looking. At the time, I was feeding her Ol' Roy high protein/fat dog food and, indeed, fed it to her for her entire life. For Coco, I've gotten a bit spendier. ..Willy.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Welcome! Your girl is lovely! Sounds like she lives an exciting life with you. Look forward to hearing more from you. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I was 20 yrs old I bought my first dog (Roxy) at the SPCA in Vancouver while living in my VW van (rebuilding the engine on the side of the road). For the next 13 years we were on the road together (treeplanting, fruit picking, prospecting) and travelled from the East to West coast, Arctic Circle to the Mexican border. The most time we ever spent apart was one week. Finally had to put her to sleep (cancer) and spent a miserable 2-3 yrs wandering. A couple of years ago I was visiting my parents in Abbotsford (house-sitting while they vacationed) and decided to visit the SPCA down the road. Saw a nice white female that I took for a couple of walks and then.. BAM!!.. walked by Coco's cage and it was game over. She was/is Roxy on steroids with the exact same personality, able to make me miserable but not regret one second of it. Took her for some loooong walks (they even forgot I had her at the SPCA) which the women working there said is rather unheard of; If I'm gonna spend the next 10-15 yrs with her, I outta at least get to know her first. She was skittish and nervous, pulled like a bull moose, and was scared of her own shadow. Came from a family with kids that decided to get rid of her 'cause they were moving into a 'no pets allowed' apartment. Figured that she needed a lot of attention to bring her self confidence back up and to re-establish her sense of place. Well, 2 yrs later we're still travellin' and, I like to think, she's a lot happier & secure... as am I. ..Willy BTW. The day after I laid paper down on her at the SPCA, they got a ton of calls from people who wanted her but were putting it off till after Christmas shopping.. ya snooze, ya lose, suckers!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts