Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off will start by saying I do have a male and female ABPT. Yes my male is fixed and yes i will be getting my female fixed. And no im not planning on breeding my female I just had to get to in the open so people don't start bashing me about not having her fixed allready.My other female it only lasted for something like 4 day's if i remember correct.

Ok so my question is how long do you think she will bleed ?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
The heat cycle of the female dog has three parts and lasts about 3 weeks. The first part lasts anywhere from 3-14 days during which a bloody discharge and swelling of the vaginal area are usually seen. Next the dog will become receptive to being bred and actively may seek out a male dog. This is the time when she can become pregnant, but remember that a male's sperm can survive for up to a week. The discharge may change color at this time and become lighter. Finally, the discharge will become clearer, the vaginal swelling will diminish and the dog will no longer allow herself to be bred.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
angie7349 said:
The heat cycle of the female dog has three parts and lasts about 3 weeks. The first part lasts anywhere from 3-14 days during which a bloody discharge and swelling of the vaginal area are usually seen. Next the dog will become receptive to being bred and actively may seek out a male dog. This is the time when she can become pregnant, but remember that a male's sperm can survive for up to a week. The discharge may change color at this time and become lighter. Finally, the discharge will become clearer, the vaginal swelling will diminish and the dog will no longer allow herself to be bred.
Thank you very much angie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.