Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Hey Jeff, welcome to the forum. Your pup is adorable! She is such a cute little frenchy.

I like to feed Wellness and Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance. Both are excellent foods.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Believe it or not I got this little cutie from a family who was ready to give her to the pound. (long story)

They told me they were feeding her eukanuba puppy (1/4 cup) and 2 TBSP Iams Adult wet food.
We haven't changed her food yet but we don't think that is what she should be eating

·
Registered
722 Posts
ShutterbugMedia said:
Believe it or not I got this little cutie from a family who was ready to give her to the pound. (long story)
OMG!! What luck!! Do they have anymore they are wanting to get rid of? LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it was kind of sad story all around but lucky for me it was perfect timming.

Started last Friday night when I was playing on the floor with my 8 month old girl and our current 2 dogs Ripley (Chihuahua) and Teddy (Cockapoo). My daughter reached for me while Ripley was sitting next to me and he went agro and tried to bite her. If I didn't grab him mid air it could have been really ugly. So my wife and I talked Friday and figured it's better to be safe than sorry and that we need to find Ripley a new home, (Still looking).

So Friday there was a lot of sadness in the house when my mother-in-law called me and asked me to take her cat to the pound and she had enough and just couldn't deal anymore. I wasn't too happy with the idea but told her I would.

So while I was standing in line there was a family in front of me holding Gizzie telling their story how they recieved her as a gift a few weeks ago even though they are not allowed dogs where they live. They thought they could hide her from their landlord and everything would be great but he of course found out and told them they had to get rid of her within a week or they would be kicked out. The family tried selling her and had a buyer who flaked out at the last min. and they didn't know what else to do but bring her to the pound.

Well after hearing the story I spoke up and told them I would be happy to take her and give her a home and after some chit chat they handed me Gizzie with all her papers and vet records and I went home with her.

I have taken Gizzie to the vet and other than a little runny nose she is in perfect health and the whole family has fallen in love with her.
So that's the story and after some searching on the net I found you guys and thought I better check on what food I should be feeding her because the diet she's on now just doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well I have no idea how anyone could be angry with you bring her home. She is so adorable!!! Congrats on the puppy and we will all help you. So far the foods that people have stated are very good. I have mine on Wolfcub puppy (his is for large puppy but they have for small)

·
Registered
295 Posts
How lucky. I was just scammed off the internet for a frenchie before christmas for 1000.00. I never recieved my puppy and he had a nice christmas! Beautiful dog.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Well, if something comes up and she doesn't work out with you, you just let me know and I'll gladly take her off your hands! :wink: She is toooooooo cute!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.