Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was at the shelter all morning. Unfortunatly they had to put down a few dogs this week 1 being my fav. I wanted to adopt him but him and Jas didnt get along :( . Well last night a mom and her litter was brought in. She had 11 pups. Actually she had 12 but one died.Anyhow we had to put em all down this morning do to parvo. :cry:

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well the sucks! I hate to hear things like that. Were they to far gone or waas the pound to cheep to treat them. This is why I could never ever work or volunteer there. Sorry you had to be there for that.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
debs said:
Well the sucks! I hate to hear things like that. Were they to far gone or waas the pound to cheep to treat them. This is why I could never ever work or volunteer there. Sorry you had to be there for that.

Well seeing how there was so many and not knowung what ones were infected or how bad it was the decision was made to do em in.I was knda mad {even though I volunteer and I know the risks} that I had handled the pups without knowing. But its not her fualt cuase she did not know niether tilll she was scraping dookie out the kennel. Some of what she was scraping eneded up being straight blood. Also parvo is a very distinctive smeel. It smells like abody rotting from the inside out.We cleaned that kennel with straight bleach and as soon as the bleack hit the ground it started bubbling nstantly. That is when you know they have something bad cuase bleach is eating away the disease.

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
This is the main reason why I cannot work in a kill shelter. I know that very sick and diseased animals have to be put down and I can handle that , I cannot handle putting down a lovable, well animal. My heart and soul just could not take it. You are brave to do this and I thank you, for someone has to be there with them. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts