Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Super Moderator
14,604 Posts
Hi, want to welcome you two to the forum. Your pup is adorable. I have an APBT myself,
her name is Clara. They are a handful. Clara will be two, July 1st, and she is just now
starting to calm half a peg down. They are very smart, eager to please, and want to be
with you at all times. Best advice I can give you at this age is to make sure you have a
crate for him. You can get a big one and close off a portion of it and let it out as he gets
bigger or you can get a smaller one and then a bigger one as he gets bigger. Crates are
a must and they help to keep him safe and your house safe. If you start him out in one now
he will get use to it fairly quickly as they love that den feeling. This way you will always have it for traveling, going to the vets, or just to put him in when he needs some calm down time.
Good luck - Pat and Clara
:D

· Registered
99 Posts
lucious said:
goofy i know what that is like as my little boy is very goofy always bashing his head on stuff and just looki9ng at me as if to say did you see that did i do it i didnt feel it tho
I know what you mean. We have a pool table and it took Stymie about 6 months to figure out he shouldn't jump when he's under it or he'll have a headache.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
yer thats funny i am glad that it isnt just my dog doing it thanks elek and gazar when you say a crate what do you mean like what he will have to e in when he goes to the vet thins may be silliy but can i get a pic of what your talkign about thanks

· Registered
2,239 Posts
They are talking about something like this:

There are certain ones that come with dividers to make the crate smaller for when your dog is a puppy but allows you to move the divider as they grow so you do not have to keep buying new crates.

It is a wonderful wonderful thing. Helps keep them out of mischieve when you are not able to watch over them and for when you are gone out of the house and at night time. Your pup will love it if you train her the right way, many of the dogs on the board go into their crate willingly just to take naps.

Also, when your pup is so young, for potty training purposes, many people have their dog in there at all times except for play times, and outside times, this way there is no time for the pup to go potty in the house.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.