Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tia has been spayed today. I picked her up from the vets a couple of hours ago and she looks soooooo sad! She's just lying on the rug in the living room, shaking now and again :( . The vet said to give her a light meal when we got home to I made some chicken and rice for her but she's not interested at all (which is not like her). I'm hoping it's just the drugs that are making her like this and that she'll be much better tomorrow! :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm worried about Tia now, she's been sick twice and hasn't has a drink of water sonce I brought her home. Do you think it could be the drugs that are making her sick?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
She's probably just a little woozy from the anesthetic and/or pain medication if she got any. Bella didn't eat for about a day after we brought her home. Give the vet's office a call if you're concerned. I'm sure she'll be fine!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that! She did get pain medication before she left the vets. I guess i'm just a worried mam! I'll see how she is in the morning (it's 10pm here now) and if she's still the same i'll give the vet a call. :)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Sounds like a good idea! If she won't drink water out of a bowl, see if she'll attempt to lap it out of your hands.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
She's probably still feeling the effects of anesthesia as some dogs have a harder time "shrugging" them off.

As for the vomiting, I'd withhold large amounts of water and/or food right now. Also, don't give the pain medicine yet. One, she shouldn't need it right now. And two, those meds will only cause more nausea when taken on an empty stomach so if you give them to her, you can cause a non-stop cycle of vomiting and/or diarrhea.

That said, I hope she gets to feeling better soon. Most of my dogs were running around the house the very next day.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice! I'm pleased to say that Tia is fine today :D. I got up this morning as she was back to her normal self...as if nothing had happened :lol: Dogs sure bounce back quickly don't they?!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
My Pups were just done

Mine were just neutered and the same thing happen. it took a day for them to feel better but they needed fluids my vet said to try chicken broth and it worked little bits at a time. but Mine wouldn't drink it warm I have to make it cold in fridge.
its been 3 days now and they are back to normal and driviing me nuts because I am having trouble trying to keep them calm so they won't break the stiches. But between the meds and everything first day home they are not themselves they just need to rest and have fluids. mine ate good the next day.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It must be really hard for you trying to keep them both calm! Tia was getting a bit too excited yesterday and trying to calm her down on her own was hard enough.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
counting

I keep counting the days I have 4 more to go. Then maybe I can get some sleep. they are inseparable together since they were born so even though they can see each other it's not good enough they whine and want to be together and sleep together which they usually do and sleep with me but they are too rough together to be right now untill they heal. It's awful i feel so bad for em cause its really hard on them. But I had a female spayed many years ago & one leap to the couch on her 8th day and she broke all her inside stiches and had to be rush to vet and redone it wasn't pleasant to I'm being extra careful. Don't want to go through that again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts