Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
This is the major fear part of a bullys life. This is the time when alot of work shoul dbe going into your dog. Ob,testing etc.. Nerve is nerve she prolly wont be th eway you want her to be EVER but with training can get comfortable. This is the fear stage of their lives, this will tell whether they get worse... or better

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I hear ALOT of good breeders tell me about the "fear stage" now i am not saying these dogs should be hiding and going nuts from anxiety and get better . THEY WILL NOT, I am saying puppies go through stages. Genetics will tell you whether they can go thorugh it or not. A good puppy will recover. I am saying that you ALL should be putting your puppies through testing, and timing how good their recovery rat eis, and if there is one.I have gone to alot of training seminars and if their was a puppy with problems with "crowds" then we did ob,tracking,and protection in a crowd! it gets worse before it gets better for some.
I Just dont get too alarmed at those young ages for fear, they are pups. They will go through that stage. When they are super young (8weeks - 6months) they should be super confident, some after that get a little fear in them ( when they are really young they KNOW their owner will protect them) once they get a bit older and see fellow dog out there and people they r unsure soemtimes. Its like when we r in kidergarden we are all off the walls and happy not scared of anything, but when we go to Junior High we get a little scared, we know it will be ok, but unsure
Thats not to say that MOST american bulldog puppies SHOULD go through life, Confident and Clear in the mind! but like Lisa said those are few and far between

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.