Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Set the dry food down for 15 minutes. Pick up the bowl after 15 minutes even if there is food remaining. It's not likely that he'll starve himself. He'll eat it eventually if he learns that being picky won't get him what he wants. My female got picky right around the age of 10 weeks. She went one whole day without eating, but the next day, she ate what we offered her with no complaints. Nutro isn't the greatest food (too much grain, not enough meat), but it's better than Eukanuba.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
pose_red_nose said:
what about the food? what would be a great kibble and a good can food? or should i mix
There is a sticky at the top of this section with good food recommendations. Some brands I would recommend (off the top of my head) are:

Timberwolf Organics
Nature's Variety
Innova / California Natural
Canidae
Wellness
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance
Solid Gold
Pinnacle
Authority Harvest Baked (can buy at Petsmart)

I wouldn't even bother with the canned food. I use canned food as an occasional (maybe once every two weeks) treat, or a stuffing in my dogs' Kongs to keep them occupied in their crates.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.