Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Awww, thanks for asking!

She is doing GREAT this morning!! I came home to a very HAPPY, energetic puppy! Her incision still looks like crap -- very swollen and now bruised. But she is FEELING better. She still has her cold, still sneezing, but no coughing. I think when she was coughing the other night, it was just to hack up whatever was draining down her throat. Her lungs sound clear to me. (Hard to tell when she's snoring though.)

She was not only RUNNING all over the place this morning, but JUMPING as well. I have been keeping her medicated on Rimadyl for pain/inflammation. She's also eating like a little piggy, and I've been supplementing with Nutri-Stat (a high calorie supplement). So all that, plus 2 days of antibiotics have really got her feeling better. She is FINALLY, for the first time, behaving like a normal puppy should!! It was like I came home to a new puppy! Once she passes all those worms and gets over this cold (praying it doesn't turn into pneumonia)... I am sure she will be bouncing all over the place!

Hopefully once her incision is healed enough to remove the stitches, some of that inflammation will go away. And of course there IS still the possibility that she has a small hernia, but if so, it doesn't seem to be causing her any pain. The other night she was just so lethargic and sickly, and her incision was oozing... she had me terrified. Now she is looking 10 times better. I am sooo happy!

Thank you for keeping up with her. I know a lot of people PMd me to check up on Nala -- so thank you ALL. It is really appreciated. The fact that there are so many caring people here really touches my heart, and that's what keeps me around. Can't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

I am, however, thinking I need a short break. I don't like the way I have lashed out at people, and I hate losing my temper. That's not me. And apparently now I am giving people the impression that I am helpless and can't do anything without checking in with you first. That couldn't be any further from the truth. The fact that you were all so supportive and caring, always made my day. I thoroughly enjoyed our discussions, and always looked forward to hearing what everyone had to say. Unfortunately it sends out the wrong impression to start discussions or ask questions, and I doubt any of you really know me at all. (Except those who e-mail and call.) I think people have mistaken my love for conversation and my innocent, silly banter for naivete and lack of confidence. When it reaches the point that you don't understand me at all.. then I need to take a step back, walk away, and go about my business.

I am going to be working a lot this week, and I need to tend to my sickling. I should add that Heaven and Koa are doing great also... they are REALLY starting to warm up to Nala! They have gotten special alone time with Mommy, and special treats too. I love them all so much, so I am going to get back to caring for my dogs and taking care of my son.. and of course, working my butt off at work for thankless people.

Not saying I am leaving the forum.. love you guys too much to leave. I'm just gonna taking a short break until Nala gets better and I have more time. I will update whoever PMs me when I have time, but I will be fairly busy until sometime next week. It will be nice to get away from the drama that has surrounded this forum lately, and maybe things will have settled by the time I come back.

Thanks again for thinking of Nala. I think she will be fine -- she's a survivor!!! :D

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Glad to hear she's doing better! I'm sure she'll improve more and more with each day. Be sure to post some pics when you can!

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Roxy and Marlee sends lots of licks! Hope Nala feels herself again soon.

Rest Trina seems all your babies need you :love5: oh and make the most of the sleepy pup, Marlee just notice how much fun 'spaz attacks' are! and Roxy still hasn't grown out of them!

Take care and Keep us posted :)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Trina I don't know about everyone else but I sure as he!! know you are not helpless. I hope your break will be good but short. I will miss your input as well as your pups. Hope Nala gets to feeling better soon and please post pictures of her when you can. If you don't want to post them then PM them to me or e-mail them I would like to keep up with her progress (health wise as well as bonding with Koa and Heaven). Take care of yourself.
debs and Moose

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Thanks guys... here's another video of the pups. Excuse my voice. I can't talk to puppies without using the babytalk voice. Well, even when I'm talking normally, I still sound like I'm 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5i7reTiu5g

PS: She's been on antibiotics for 48 hours, and she's never had a fever, so she's not contagious. But I'm still not letting them play together until her incision is healed and she's stronger.

You know what I keep forgetting to add... that vet that did her spay -- seriously, who would spay AND vaccinate a 9 week old malnourished puppy to begin with? That was a poor decision. She has virtually no immune system and he decided to perform major surgery and give her the entire round of first shots? Not good.

PS: Nala just bit my toe as she was walking by. Yep, she's feeling fine.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm sure she will have a speedy recovery with you taking such good care of her. Keep us posted on how she's doing if you can.

How has she been eating, any better? Sorry I have been busy and I don't have a lot of time to look through posts.

Lots of kisses and hugs from Sadie and Jaz.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Oh wow, look at those tails go!!! And look how big Koa is compared to Heaven! :shock:

Nala is so stinkin cute, I wanna pick her up and smoosh her face and give her kisses!! Seriously, the cutest puppy I think I've ever seen.

I'm glad to hear she's feeling better, and I hope you'll pop in from time to time and keep us updated!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that!! Hopefully the anitbiotics will keep the cold from turning into pneumonia. Keep us updated. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,961 Posts
So glad that she is feeling better. Give them all big hugs.
Take your break and then come back and let us know how things are going.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts