Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

· Registered
1,099 Posts
SORRY FOR NOT NOTICING YOUR POSTS IN TIME................. :oops: The petty crap has got to end!I sincerly hope your pup is ok.

A lady that works for me(Cat lady-has like 200 of them!) Had a cat recent spay, and her stitches came out, she was opened all weekend as she couldnt afford the emergency vet clinic.

Sad, poor kitty, I would have paid if I knew!

Anywa, point, the kitty went to the vet and was just fine afterwards.

I really pray she is ok. Please let us know as soon as you can.

· Banned
529 Posts
deuce's mommy said:
I don't think you can say with any certainty what we are thinking. And, she already was on the phone with a vet before anyone even responded. Maybe she just wanted some support or something to put her mind at ease. Maybe someone else that went through something similar could have given her some helpful info or tips. Please do not assume you know what anyone is thinking, and as Augrad said, this is real life, not everything in your head needs to come out of your mouth.
Ma'am this may be real ife to you but in my world it's called the internet and I don't usually ask open wound questions from folks on a forum. She may have been on the phone with the vet when I posted but at the time she made the first post complaining about folks argueing she could have already been at the vet.

· Agent Squint
2,093 Posts
Family of 5 said:
deuce's mommy said:
I don't think you can say with any certainty what we are thinking. And, she already was on the phone with a vet before anyone even responded. Maybe she just wanted some support or something to put her mind at ease. Maybe someone else that went through something similar could have given her some helpful info or tips. Please do not assume you know what anyone is thinking, and as Augrad said, this is real life, not everything in your head needs to come out of your mouth.
Ma'am this may be real ife to you but in my world it's called the internet and I don't usually ask open wound questions from folks on a forum. She may have been on the phone with the vet when I posted but at the time she made the first post complaining about folks argueing she could have already been at the vet.
Ok, @$$holes, I'm at my wit's end. Stop facking adding fuel to the already huge bonfire. Like some have already said, everything you think in your head does NOT need to come out of your mouth....or your fingertips in this particular situation. I'm going to go get a life now.....anybody want to join me?

~S

· Registered
419 Posts
BanterBull said:
Family of 5 said:
deuce's mommy said:
Ok, @$$holes, I'm at my wit's end. Stop facking adding fuel to the already huge bonfire. Like some have already said, everything you think in your head does NOT need to come out of your mouth....or your fingertips in this particular situation. I'm going to go get a life now.....anybody want to join me?

~S
Well said....its getting old real quick.

· Registered
1,470 Posts
BanterBull said:
Family of 5 said:
deuce's mommy said:

~S
Count me in!!! :evil:

· Registered
4,670 Posts
apbtgurl26 said:
BanterBull said:
Family of 5 said:
deuce's mommy said:

~S
BAH! I'm stuck at work for another hour and a half!

· Super Moderator
14,604 Posts
Just got home from work and saw your post about Nala. To be honest things do not sound very good. Please let us know how she is when you can. I am also worried about her respiratory infection and was concerned that it was more than a cold. I am hoping that everything is fixable.

· Registered
428 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
apbtgurl26 said:
BanterBull said:
Family of 5 said:
deuce's mommy said:

~S
BAH! I'm stuck at work for another hour and a half!
I'm still here for another 3.5 hours! Keep this thing going ... I need something to do for that long! I'll go out and get a life on the weekend. During the week I am too lazy!

· Registered
4,670 Posts
LSCKitty said:
I'm still here for another 3.5 hours! Keep this thing going ... I need something to do for that long! I'll go out and get a life on the weekend. During the week I am too lazy!
LOL! I hear you! I just want to go home and relax during the week. I'm totally an old lady now, and I'm only 24!

· Registered
2,239 Posts
I just got home from the gym and I saw this post and your other one with the picture.... I would definitly go to a different vet like you are doing now... please let us know asap how she is

· Registered
894 Posts
I'm sorry Nala's not doing well. I would get her to a vet right away for a second opinion if your not confortable with the first. You know your pup best and you know what you need to do. I know I'm not a heavy poster all of the time but I will always offer up what I can. I personally took Molly for a second opinion on her eyes a week after surgery. And I was very glad that I did. They have cleared up nicely. Something was telling me that something wasn't quit right and I am sure your are feeling the same.

As far as the discharge turning green, get her to the vet ASAP. I learned the hard way when Bear was a pup and he got very sick. So as soon as Molly started with the green discharge it was off to the vet we went. And nipped it right in the bud.

(I feel like I'm popping in and out of the site all day but I always somehow miss the big "discussions" going on.)

· Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
You know what... I don't even have time to read all your posts, but first of all, let me say, James -- F#CK OFF! What the HELL did you THINK I was doing!!!???? I was on the phone with another vet as I was typing. I came here NOT to ask you all to DO something about it, I came here to see what you THOUGHT while I was waiting to get her in to ANOTHER VET for a 2nd opinion. MAYBE, just MAYBE someone on here went through something similar and could say, "Hey that happened with my dog, it'll be okay." Instead I get a bunch of BS from you. And don't give me that crap that I'm a nurse, I should know. I deal with HUMAN adults, not 10 week old puppies, okay. I've never seen a hernia from a spay incision, excuse me for being unsure and asking for help. Thanks so much for your kindess and understanding. It was REALLY appreciated. :roll: Think before you speak... and if you're going to speak like that, you better talk to someone else, son. I don't take $hit from anyone. You can sit and talk to yourself, because I am done with you. That's all I'm going to say to you.

To everyone else, thank you for the kind words. I will read over everything when I get a chance.

To update you, I took Nala to the EXPERIENCED vet. I was calling around trying to find someone older because the vet at Banfield looked like she just graduated high school. So I found the perfect vet, and he got me in right away.

I feel soooooo much better. Everything is going to be fine with her incision. He said he didn't feel it was a hernia at all. He felt it was an inflammatory reaction to the internal stitches. He said, "But do I feel good about her incision? No. But I'm not as worried about her incision as I am her nasal drainage." He feels she may be getting pneumonia. I showed him the antibiotics she was on, and he said they were great, and that should fix her right up. But if she's not better by Thurs or Friday, she's going back for a chest X-ray.

He said she looks like a very sick puppy, and that she's "right behind the 8 ball." But if I keep feeding her, and keep her hydrated, and keep her on the antibiotics, she should be okay. He said the belly problem we can always fix if we have to, he said that's not a big deal. He said the cold is what we have to stay on top of. I told him it was my fault because I gave her a bath and maybe she aspirated some water. He said no, that it was probably coincidental and that she was probably already coming down with something.

He also said her heart is healthy... the last vet said she had a murmur. He disagreed, and he's been doing this about 40 years longer than she has, so I trust him. He's also concerned about her pot belly, and being full of worms. We dewormed her yesterday, but he wants to see another stool sample in 3 weeks to see if she has some other kind of worms. He said it shouldn't be so bloated like that, even with roundworms.

She's sound asleep at my feet right now. My hands are still shaking and I feel like I'm going to vomit. I'm going to take something to rest and get ready for work in a bit. Thanks to everyone who offered advice.

· Agent Squint
2,093 Posts
It's not the best news in the world, but realize it could be MUCH worse. Do what he says and I'm sure she'll be fine. Keep us updated. I apologize for all the blatant @$$holes who are becoming attracted to our site. I wish I could do more about that, but it's impossible to keep them away. They THRIVE in this type of situation...they have no social skills, so they take it out on us. Regarding your reply to James, Rock on wit yo bad self!

~S

· Registered
125 Posts
Thats great news.
I'm so glad she is feeling better and that you found a good vet.
I'm a little suprised they want to wait 3 weeks for a stool sample tho.
Her tummy is quite bloated but if you wormed her yesterday if it is
caaused by worms maybe she has not had a chance to pass them all yet.
I'm no vet its just a thought.
Hugs to you both
Faye

21 - 40 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.