Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

· Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Hi. Thanks again for the people who are praying/pulling for Nala. If you're going to bicker, please start your own thread. Megan, again.. I wasn't asking what I should do as if I hadn't done a darn thing yet...please read my posts that follow. I was asking for opinions while I was waiting to get in to the vet for the FOURTH time. I can only DO so much, thought it would be nice to get some opinions from people who may have gone through something similar. As you can see, I was panicking, but not for nothing. She IS sick, she's just not in any imminent danger. Thank you, Jesus.

Now, could you please start your own thread? Just call it, "calling all immature brats who like to argue over trivial matters that have nothing to do with dogs, post here." That should get you what you want and thrive upon. THIS thread is for Nala, and I do believe when your dogs were sick, dying, missing or hurt, I never ONCE made any remarks that were anything less than helpful or sympathizing, now did I? I didn't think so. Thanks and carry on with your day now.

· Registered
260 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
Hi. Thanks again for the people who are praying/pulling for Nala. If you're going to bicker, please start your own thread. Megan, again.. I wasn't asking what I should do as if I hadn't done a darn thing yet...please read my posts that follow. I was asking for opinions while I was waiting to get in to the vet for the FOURTH time. I can only DO so much, thought it would be nice to get some opinions from people who may have gone through something similar. As you can see, I was panicking, but not for nothing. She IS sick, she's just not in any imminent danger. Thank you, Jesus.

Now, could you please start your own thread? Just call it, "calling all immature brats who like to argue over trivial matters that have nothing to do with dogs, post here." That should get you what you want and thrive upon. THIS thread is for Nala, and I do believe when your dogs were sick, dying, missing or hurt, I never ONCE made any remarks that were anything less than helpful or sympathizing, now did I? I didn't think so. Thanks and carry on with your day now.
Your right..I am sorry Trina! I really hope that Nala feels better soon. I think she just needs a little R&R and some TLC to go along with it and she'll me more than a handful in no time! :D

· Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I was referring to the people who were giving me a hard time. Oh wait, let me get into semantics before people start pulling out the ol' quotes. Not everyone was being "rude," they just weren't "sugar-coating." Well guess what... when your dog is sick, I'll be sure not to sugarcoat anything either. Is that kosher? Wouldn't want you to actually feel better, now would I? Geesh, I can't believe I actually expected some human responses of sympathy and understanding. You don't want me to say what I think of all the problems of everyone on this forum, because I sure as hell won't sugarcoat anything either. But I have the social couth to understand that when you don't have anything nice to say, you don't say anything at all.

Vonna, Karen, Steph -- to all of you who have shown support, I am really, really thankful. It shows who truly has their heart in the right place, and it's those people who are worried about the 10 week old sick puppy in this thread, and the worried mommy behind it.

· Registered
1,315 Posts
LuvaBull, I just caught this thread now while at my office. I'm so sorry that you were so worried about Nala (who BTW is Adorable). I totally understand your post. Even though we have already decided upon a course of action, we sometimes just want words of reassurance and comfort from our friends. And lord knows, you have always been a great friend to anyone on this forum, well known to you and stranger alike.

Some people here are just ornery and contentious by nature and suffer from a total lack of empathy. They "sugarcoat" it by saying they are just telling the truth, while accusing others of doing the same when they respond in a reasonably respectful manner. I firmly believe in what goes around comes around, and while these people believe that they should always dish the truth (even when worded painfully) and that they can take the same truth, there may be a day when they could use a kind word which may not be forthcoming, but will instead recieve the "truth".

This kind of behavior is sad because it really intimidates alot of people from posting their experiences, questions and opinions.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I just wanted to let you know, I think you did right by Nala and are a great mommy. Please keep us updated as to her progress.

· Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Thank you Managirl!!! I haven't seen you in soooo long!! You've been missed! How are you, and the kids, and hubby? And Managirl?

I'm also sorry that I've been a bit short with people, and pretty rude myself today. I'm not normally like that, but I was just a bundle of nerves today. I apologize. I am lashing out because I am very worried and nervous about my pup.

Here's a little video of Nala... she's still sneezy and not feeling well. You can tell her sinuses are REALLY bothering her. But she's in good spirits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bOmfS8Au3I

· Registered
8,143 Posts
OMG...poor girl! Rubbing her snotty nose in the grass. That video is cute just because I get to see her. BTW, my dogs heard you voice and came barrelling up the stairs like "Huh??" LOL

· Registered
99 Posts
I'm going to defend and offend Trina all in one post. At first too I thought "what the heck is she doing on here, her dog needs to see a vet" but then I remembered (here's the offensive part, sorry if it is, the posts about needing help around the house) that maybe she just needs someone to talk to/confirm what she is doing. Although I KNOW what I'm doing is right, making an emergency visit to the vet ("WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE CAN'T SEE HIM NOW, I'M BRINGING HIM IN!") because he has a pimple :oops: I still feel the need to discuss this beforehand with my BF.

Trina, I'm sorry if I offended you but I do understand. I also didn't see your post until now, but wouldn't have been able to help anyway since all I know are boys. Please give her a hug from Stymie and me and thank you for saving her.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
I'm glad to hear there is hope for her recovery. It still sounds pretty serious, though. Poor little thing, she's so young.

You didn't do anything wrong by posting here, either. It's pretty sad to hijack a thread like this and make it all about namecalling and fingerpointing. Sounds like some people had their corn flakes pissed on this morning. :p Get well, Nala.

· Registered
200 Posts
I hope Nala starts feeling better! Nothing is worse than having a sick puppy. :( And by the way, the last time I checked this is a HEALTH FORUM, and I always thought that meant a forum to ask questions about your dogs health?!? It is not unlikely that maybe one of us have gone through this so therefore it is not unreasonable to ask a health related question in the "health forum" while you are waiting for an answer from a vet to maybe give you a piece of mind! I love the comment about you being a nurse so you should know about a dog's condition LOL! Sorry for all the drama Trina, it's too bad. :? You had every reason to be upset because my first reaction was "that was uncalled for". I guess it's easier for people to be all high and mighty on the internet, it gives them a sense of power that they don't have in real life. That's what I have noticed anyway.

· Registered
8,143 Posts
Trina...you must be tired sweetheart. I believe what Elke was trying to say is that even when HER dog gets a pimple SHE runs it by her boyfriend to see what he thinks. LOL She was trying to empathise with you. She wasn't trying to trivialise you situation. :D

Ok, now how's the baby? :?:

· Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I edited my post because you're probably right. I had to read it a few times, and I thought she was quoting me, not sharing her own thoughts. I get it now. I've had very little sleep and I've been dying to get to bed since 3am.

Night night..

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.