Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man this poor girl can't catch a break!! So for those of you who missed the last thread, Nala began itching and chewing her legs over the last week or so. I figured it was allergies of some sort. Then last night she developed a red rash on her tummy. She has been itching like mad!

Well she saw the vet today, and she said it's not uncommon for puppies to get bacterial skin infections. I kind of wondered if it was a YEAST rash because she had been on antibiotics for so long. And as it turns out, she DOES have a vaginal infection that looks like yeast too. (Poor Nala...precisely why I say 14 days is too long for anyone to be on antibiotics.) But she said they weren't going to do anything about that, ( :shock: ) they would just keep an eye on it.

Sooo... anyway, they went ahead and vaccinated her today for whatever it is that she was due for. Then they told me to give her Benadryl 3 times a day, put her on Frontline flea med, and they gave me a medicated shampoo to use 3 times a week. This shampoo should help both bacterial and fungal skin infections.

I just hope this works. Poor girl! At least she was a big hit at the office. She has all those girls smitten. She was all lovey dovey, giving kisses and wagging her tail. They just love her to pieces. (They love all my dogs!)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oh poor thing. All that itching sounds painful. I hope she gets better soon.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Aw, poor little Nala! Hope she starts to feel better soon! That little girl needs a break from the sickies to get the chance to be a puppy!

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I forgot to tell you guys, she weighed in at 13.8 pounds!! She has gained 3 pounds since I got her.

Her bones are still protruding though. They called her a "slow gainer" -- I think it's because she has had worms. She eats like a horse though, so I hope she fills out nicely.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
GLad to hear Nala has gained some weight. Poor thing tho, she is still not 100%. She will get there I just hope soon so she can be a puppy and play play play. Oh how is it going with the intro with Heaven? Koa looked like he liked her.

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
It sounds like it is yogurt time. Sure hope she gets better. The yogurt helps my dogs out after they have been on meds. I usually give them about 1/4 of a cup in the morning and in the evening for a week. Give her hugs and Koa and Heaven, too.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
debs said:
GLad to hear Nala has gained some weight. Poor thing tho, she is still not 100%. She will get there I just hope soon so she can be a puppy and play play play. Oh how is it going with the intro with Heaven? Koa looked like he liked her.
Heaven loves her. They both love her... they all get along beautifully right now. I think Nala is always going to be very gentle and submissive, so I am crossing my fingers that they will always get along.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gazar said:
It sounds like it is yogurt time. Sure hope she gets better. The yogurt helps my dogs out after they have been on meds. I usually give them about 1/4 of a cup in the morning and in the evening for a week. Give her hugs and Koa and Heaven, too.
Thanks, Pat. I can't believe I hadn't even thought of that!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
poor girl....

i used jock itch spray on baylee's belly when she got a rash, it cleared it right up.... haven't used it since....

give her hugs for me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts