Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Nala aspirated some water during her bath. She's had a snotty nose ever since. It seems really hard for her to breathe through her nose, almost like she's snoring. No cough or any other symptoms, but this has been going on a couple days now. I don't know why it hasn't cleared up yet! Poor little peanut will try to blow her nose and wipe it on the floor, LOL. Would it be okay to give her a pediatric decongestant?

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess no one knew the answer to that.... well anyway, Nala basically has a "cold". No cough though, that's what's important. She's on antibiotics for her incision, and it will also cover her cold so it doesn't turn into pneumonia. She's still really congested, but I think she'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Sorry, didnt see your post until just now!

Did you take her to the vet??

My pups had snotty noses for about a week when they were tin, itty, bitty things, but it went away.

Think she caught the cold from the bath?? Nah, prolly not.

Hope she gets to feeling better soon!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
yeah, the antibiotics should help out a great deal.... if you run out before the cold goes away, run to the vet and pick more up....

poor baby.....

when baylee had pneumonia, she'd wipe her nose on her paws.... icky green stain marks...lol

also, you said the runny nose was clear? usually a cold shows infection with the green snot.....hmmmm, i don't think i helped at all....

sorry, maybe Miakoda will be able to answer better

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's whitish to clear. I know she can't have anything viral. It started when I gave her the bath because she snorted up some water and got all congested. I figured it would clear up after a day or so, but it hasn't.

She'll be fine though... I know a sick dog when I see one, and Nala is still playful and happy, I think she feels fine. She's just a little stuffed up. Poor girl... last night I was trying to sleep, and she burrowed her little face right in my neck and started snoring really loud. :lol: It was 3am I was dead tired, but I couldn't help but laugh. Poor little thing.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
It's whitish to clear. I know she can't have anything viral. It started when I gave her the bath because she snorted up some water and got all congested. I figured it would clear up after a day or so, but it hasn't.

She'll be fine though... I know a sick dog when I see one, and Nala is still playful and happy, I think she feels fine. She's just a little stuffed up. Poor girl... last night I was trying to sleep, and she burrowed her little face right in my neck and started snoring really loud. :lol: It was 3am I was dead tired, but I couldn't help but laugh. Poor little thing.
OHHH i love it!!!!

that's the best feeling in the world when they put their face on your neck!!! i'm soooo jealous!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts