Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't training, but it feels like the best spot. Now to native games; if I had a **** hound, I would play a game where they track a smell and there would be a reward at the end, because they are scent dogs by DNA; if I had a Chesapeake Bay retriever, I might have items out in a pool or lake and have him retrieve them, because that's in their DNA; if I had a border collie, I would have a game where they herd something for a reward, because that's in their DNA; and so on. When it comes to "pitbulls," they were breed for violence (if I'm wrong on this please let me know,) so what is something safe could I play with them that mimics something their DNA?

SN: If I have something wrong in my post, please correct me, I'm still in my researching phase so any info helps. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can't find the edit button from the mobile site: so here's an add-on.

Since they are part retriever, I was thinking something around a hunting theme, but I don't hunt and I don't know how close to terriers they actually are. Plus if "pitbull" is too broad, I'm leaning towards Am Staffs but my local shelter only gets them in as "pitbull"

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Hi, first let me state that pitbulls were bred for hunting. I am posting a site here to
help with the info. Pitbulls are playful but tire easily so games that are short in nature
are better for them. They like to do rowdy stuff like jumping on a tire hung from a
rope. Chasing frisbees, hide and seek, and of course they LOVE balls. Here is the site:

About the Pit Bull: Origins and History | PitBulls

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I love all of the games above and walks are good to. Good luck with this let us know how it comes out

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts