Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, we were all coming home and saw a dog beside the road. It was getting dark, and there is an animal hospital nearby. We stopped, and I called the dog over, we loaded her up and took her home, assuming she was an escapee from the animal hospital. Got her home, and she is a pit bull, has had pups probably 5-6 weeks ago. The sad thing is, if I could have been able to see she was a pit bull, I wouldn't have picked her up!! But, having kept her for almost 24 hours now, I can't let her go. She is the sweetest, smartest dog. She is great, has a wonderful personality. I had a small dog for 12 years and lost her in the fall, didn't think I wanted another one yet. But now I do. I called around, can't find anyone looking for her. If no one shows up to take her, she's mine. I need info from anyone who has experience with pitts, I have never owned one, and only heard negative stuff about them. I'm not even sure she's a pure bred pit, but she sure looks like one. Any help would be appreciated. :lol:

RoseJ

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Welcome, Do you have any pics of her??

If you have any questions just ask, there is alot of people on here willing to help. There is alot of people like you that have heard nothing but negative stuff about these fantastic dogs. I'll look for some links for you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats.
I'm far from an expert on the breed (I own 2) but I have been around them for a few years now, and I do consider myself to have a decent amount of knowledge about the breed. Let me tell you, the stereotype of this breed is so far off and unfair. Sounds like you have a dog with good temperment. You will be pleasantly surprised at how loyal and great this breed is. Keep in mind (like with any breed) you have no idea what this dog has been through. Be very alert whenever you put her in a new situation, for example, introducing her to children or other dogs. Hopefully all will go well.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Yeah I think pics are pretty much a requirement on this board, aren't they guys? :wink:

Just kidding... would love to see pics of your new lil girl! Sounds like someone dumped her off after she had the puppies. Whenever I visit the pound, the majority of female pits are either pregnant or lactating. It's very sad.

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
LETS SEE SOME PIC'S and firre away with the questions we will do our best to hook you up with answers yo ALL o f them no matter how small OR big ! :shock: :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts