Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scarlet ate a belt yesterday. I did not see her actually eat it but when I got home last night she managed to pull a pair of my BF pants in her cage. He must have left them too close toher cage. When I pulled them out I noticed most of his belt was gone. Its a cloth one...not leather. But she ate about a 1 foot section. I am soo worried. She has made 3 poos since then and they have been normal and she is eating normal too. How long would it take for something like this to pass if it will? I am not so worried becuse her poop/eating habbits have not changed but I thought she might have pooed some of it out today but nothing. Should I limit her eating...give her extra water...she has never ate something this big before and I dont now what to expect... :cry:

·
Registered
578 Posts
i shouldnt worry to much my dog mace ate his collar and it passed thro him a few days later but just keep a eye on her if her feeding and pooing change id take her to the vets :D :D

·
Super Moderator
16,018 Posts
I would give her some mineral oil to help it slide on through. But you do want
to be careful as it is cloth and can twist around the intestines.
So keep a very watchful eye on her.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I am definantly keeping a close eye on her!

I dont get her she is obsessed with eating anything cloth?!~?!~?!~

I literally think shes nuts. She has pleanty of toys to chew but she insists on clothes. She even goes back repeatedly righ in fromt of you over and over like she cant help her self. She knows its wrong cause she goes up backs off then goes back like the forces are pulling her to it. I have even caought her trying to open a dresser drawer trying to get ot the coks (ha ha ha I meant socks...had to go back and add this in) inside. its literally a daily battle for her. Clutch could care less about anything other than his toys but she is obsessed...should I take her to a doggie shrink LOL!!!

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
cfhoftampa said:
Thanks guys! I am definantly keeping a close eye on her!

I dont get her she is obsessed with eating anything cloth?!~?!~?!~

I literally think shes nuts. She has pleanty of toys to chew but she insists on clothes. She even goes back repeatedly righ in fromt of you over and over like she cant help her self. She knows its wrong cause she goes up backs off then goes back like the forces are pulling her to it. I have even caought her trying to open a dresser drawer trying to get ot the coks (ha ha ha I meant socks...had to go back and add this in) inside. its literally a daily battle for her. Clutch could care less about anything other than his toys but she is obsessed...should I take her to a doggie shrink LOL!!!

LOL, I know what you mean about being obsessed and being pulled towards something. Last night Atticus is laying there with a few of his favorite bones surrounding him. NOOOOOOOO, he had to keep sneaking over towards this thing I had on the couch. And he would cast me this sideways glance like "is mom looking?". I tell him no, he slinks off, two seconds later he's "sneaking" (as best he can) back in.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yeah. Milo ate my good brown leather belt years ago. This too shall pass.

Paula

·
Registered
426 Posts
It should pass in about 3 days. When Kallie ate the baseball that's what the vet told us. She also told us not to feed her as much b/c if it was lodged somewhere it would back the food up. Just keep an eye on her and make sure that she's acting normally.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Cinder said:
Literally and figuratively! Well played Paula!
LOL. Thank you. I'm here all week. Please don't forget to tip your wait staff.

Paula

·
Registered
125 Posts
I completely feel your pain as well. Philo is obsessed with clothing. On Halloween my husband put a cute bandana
around her neck and I swear within 10 minutes she ate it.....literally ate the damn thing.
Since something like this happens I swear once every 2 weeks we feed her as normal and keep an eye out for
anything strange, which is a releative term I realize.

Good luck and I hope your baby is ok!!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!

Nothing new yet...she seems fine! I guess we are coming down to day three soon...so I will let you guys know if I have to rescue her from this long strange thing hanging out her arse...LOL...some of you know what I am talking about! :lol:

·
Registered
634 Posts
our male ate a peice of carprt round oval one about three dats later he was pooping when he kept swinging around to his but like something was stuck and it was i got a towel and pulled a 14inch peice out of his butt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts