Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
14,603 Posts
I am not the professional on this question. As a matter of fact Carrie, Lisa, BLittle and others could give you more appropriate answers, however, I have read many of their posts on this issue and from what I have determined once a dog has it out for another it is very difficult to get them back to being nice with each other again. I do believe that the major problem is that Dante is not neutered and is now coming into his own, territorial wise, and wanting to take on Rowdy, the older dog, to show him that he is not the boss anymore. Even in having Dante fixed, he will not forget his reasons for attacking Rowdy and it may continue. Your only answer, in order to save Rowdy from any further injuries, is to keep them seperated. Maybe the others will see your post , if not you could pm them and ask for their help. Good luck. Another thought that just came to my mind is: is Rowdy ill or does he seem to be slowing down or getting weaker? Dante may recognize this and feel this is his chance to become the top dog. Just a thought.

I just reread your post and noted that two female dogs were present. I do feel that Dante is trying to challange Rowdy as "leader of the pack".

· Super Moderator
14,603 Posts
IronstayK9 said:
Rowdy hasn't really been a member of the pack for many years, he is deaf, cannot see well and is in early stage Cognitive Dysfunction Disorder. He has had these problems since we brought Dante home as a puppy. The only dog in my house that really considers him as part of the pack is my 4.5 y/o intact Norwegian Elkhound, Riley. Riley is constantly taking care of Rowdy and never leaves his side, it's bizarre how pack dynamics work isn't it!
Yes it is. Dante has recognized Rowdy's problems and is taking advantage of them. I think if the female dogs had not been around, this problem would not have happened. Is the older female spayed?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.