Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks ago Dante, my 2.5 y/o intact AB attacked my 11 y/o neutered male westie, Rowdy. They were in the backyard together along with Chaos (4 y/o female AB and Roxy 4 m/o AB) when I heard Rowdy yelping. I have no idea what set Dante off and I was able to separate them quickly. The injuries were relatively minor, lots of bruising and two large punctures on Rowdy's left side, Dante was unscathed. I kept Rowdy separated from the other dogs to heal but about a week after the attack I forgot Rowdy was outside and let Dante, Chaos and Roxy out to play again, within minutes I hear the same horrible yelping from Rowdy. This time the damage was extensive and required 2 surgeries to repair. Now everytime Dante even sees Rowdy he's ready to kill him.

Dante is scheduled to be neutered tomorrow, I know this won't solve the problem, hell I'm mostly neutering him out of spite at this point for hurting my little old man...but I'm hoping the neuter will take the edge off. I need suggestions on how to safely "re-introduce" these dogs so at the least we can all live in peace again. Dante gets into "kill Rowdy" drive so deeply I have not been able to sucessfully make him respond to obedience commands with a pinch collar on. Dante usually responds well to any type of correction, even raising your voice, but if he sees Rowdy, its all over. I don't even know what to do at this point and I really don't want to seriously consider giving him back to the breeder because he is part of the family.

Please help!!

Jana

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rowdy hasn't really been a member of the pack for many years, he is deaf, cannot see well and is in early stage Cognitive Dysfunction Disorder. He has had these problems since we brought Dante home as a puppy. The only dog in my house that really considers him as part of the pack is my 4.5 y/o intact Norwegian Elkhound, Riley. Riley is constantly taking care of Rowdy and never leaves his side, it's bizarre how pack dynamics work isn't it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.