Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has info..advice..personal experience..I'd love to hear from you!!! My dog has this problem..talking with the vet on the phone tonight she told me this is what's going on with my bully...I have to see a vet tomorrow with my rottie because of it..

My dog seen another dog walking on the sidewalk..& the bully & rottie were barking..next think I know the bully was all over the rottie...they have been raised together..(bully is 4yr..& rottie is 9yr)..in a calm situation my bully is fine..no problems at the vet..or at the pet store or in public..

but in situations ..she goes into a frenzy..& terribly aggressive..my 1st plan is obviously more training ..if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know!!

·
Registered
335 Posts

I've had similar experiences with two of my dogs. Previously it was a Pit female who would nip at my male shep/st. bernard whenever they were both barking at a strange person or dog. She was a very alpha dog. Now I have an AmStaff and a much younger AB. The AmStaff does this to the AB, though much less intensely. They are both females. I had simply thought of it as an Alpha behavior - I've seen it in friend's dogs as well - always from the "alpha". It never became overly viscious, though, just seemed like the alpha was shaying, "Shut Up! I'm the one barking here!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts