Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am moving into a new place and am thinking of a english or british bulldog i have seen it used both those ways dont know if there is a difference or not but have research the english and found that i think its the dog for me. i do alot of studying and work on the computer and i would love a dog that likes to sleep and cuddle on the couch and doesn't need to much excerices. by what i have read here and else were this dog is a stubern pain in the ass that snores but is friendly to kids and people which is great because i have little girl cousins that would love to play with it. i mean its basically the perfect sounding dog for me.

please correct me if i am wrong so far gathering information is time comsuming. but they require care with cleaning the folds in there skins and there eyes.

Do they play well with other dogs if you introduce them to other dogs when they are younger. i have heard different things that they do not get along with the same sex but all ways refered to as the bull breed and wondering if that is true for the english.
i mean my parents have a cockerspanel male and i eat dinner and do stuff over there and would like to take my english over there and would like them to get along.

also prices i have seen a huge range of prices. from 1000-4000 dollars. i would like a female becuase people tell me they bond better to males.
i have heard alot about how bad these back yard breeders are does anyone have a good place to go to in the newengland area. what should i really expect to pay.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
welcome to the fourm
i dont own an english bully so im no expert though i have read there are alot of health concerns you need to watch out for if you do entend to get one
good luck with your serch hopefully some of our english bulldog owners will reply here with more knowlageable advice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
please anyone know of a good breeder that has a good reputation. also a good price range as i mentioned i have seen a real range of prices from 800-3500 or even 4000 dollars. i was thinking of spending around 1000-1500 if this is not reasonable please tell me.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Welcome. I can't really answer your questions about EB's because I've never owned one. But there are lots of EB owners on the forum. You might want to try posting your questions in the "Breeding Questions" section - you may get more responses there.

Also - there is a breeders directory here: http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/breeders.html

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
28 Posts
English Bulldog

Hey, glad to see you join up... I'm new to the board too, and also a new English Bulldog owner. Awesome dog... he's not aggressive towards other dogs, although they tend to be a little aggressive towards him... we just keep him on a leash when around unfamiliar dogs and people. He did just spend the weekend with my sister's boxers... they played all day... wore the poor guy out pretty quick and he slept all day on sunday. Anyway, we're careful with the heat... that's our biggest worry, although, at least as a pup, he loves to play and get his exercise, but he does love to relax as well... preferable close to either my wife or I. Anyway, my advice is this when picking one out... they are expensive because it's tough to find a female who is fertile, and they can't give natural birth because the pup's heads are too big! Don't spend 4 grand unless you want to show the dog though... we searched the country and found one who wasn't outrageously expensive, and also came from good, healthy parents. Find out who the sire and the dam are, and call the vet to check out their records... genetic problems that the parents have will be carried on in their puppies. Also, you don't need to just look locally... we picked up Vito from the airport! Risky to get the dog sight-unseen, but his health was guaranteed, and he came with his pedigree, so we know he's the real deal. Anyway,that's about all I can think of... he is a stupborn boy, but with patience, discipline, love, and a little daily exercise, he's turned out to be a great, healthy pup! Have fun, save up, and get one! You will NOT regret it!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
IMO - I would not trust an EB selling for 1000-1500. I think good pet quality are going for 2000-2500. You really need to research the breeder though. I wouldn't trust the health of an EB being sold for 1000-1500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts