Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I figured I would vary the reward that i'm giving Abby. Lately i've been giving her natural balance sausage cut up into small pieces, but she's has gotten bored of them and they don't interest her as much during training. SO, I need some bait ideas??? What do you use for your dogs during training?

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I usually swich between moo-moo-q's( beef lung dried)
and chicken chips. sometimes just turkey hot dogs cut up.
CC's hard becouse of the no wheat and no corn thing.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Tala is such a food hound I can use anything with her. I stick with tiny chopped up carrots for the most part. She loves them.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I'm frugal. I often use any left-over meat we have lurking in the fridge. Or if we have company and set out a cheese and pepperoni platter, after it's been sitting out, I won't eat it, but Harley still finds it quite tempting :lol:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I use cheese sticks. I cut them up into little pieces.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Treats

I use goldfish crackers (7.00 for 2.1# box), and sometimes I buy liver treats from petsmart, but they are expensive. He LOVES the liver treats. He will pester you endlessly if he knows you have them, which makes him try really hard to learn what action will get me to give him one this time!

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
I use to use..cheeese, chicken and beef jerky(pet shop kind) ...jamie says the beef jerky just melts in your mouth hmmmmm yummy.

But she got bored of food so now it's a ball, which I didn't need to use last week, she was so focused on me, but thats another story.

·
Registered
99 Posts
For pets on special/prescription diets, you can bake the canned food version of the diet and it makes a crispy, easy to crunch treat. The local Petco also started carrying DVP Duck & Potato treats, hurray!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
IronstayK9 said:
For pets on special/prescription diets, you can bake the canned food version of the diet and it makes a crispy, easy to crunch treat. The local Petco also started carrying DVP Duck & Potato treats, hurray!
Oh! I never thought of doing that! How long do you bake it, and at what temperature?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like to get a container of chicken livers or gizzards and bake them until they are kind of crispy. They can keep in the fridge for about two weeks IF you can get them to last that long.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Kibble or cheap chicken wieners is all I use.

If your dog is getting bored and not being motivated by the Natural Balance Sausages then my guess is your dog is either a) not very food motivated or b) not hungry enough when you do your training sessions. My guess is probably b. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts