Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Nelson's 2nd swimming lesson... WITHOUT THE LIFE JACKET!!

643 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Shay78 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Check out my big boy swimming without a life jacket! I'm just so darn proud of the little guy! :oops:

This is his vid of one of his full swims, he normally cheats and jumps in and gets the ball and goes out again, but we managed to coax him to the end to do a full lap this time. :lol: you'll see him try to cheat at the beginning of the vid when he gets the ball and turns back to the ramp to get out. cheaky boy!

See less See more
#3 ·
lol yea it looks like my fiance was splashing Nelson, but he was just trying to get the ball out further into the pool so nelson wouldn't just grab the ball and go straight back to the ramp. Coz we needed him to swim the full length of the pool.

Yea tell me about it, rent your pool out for dog hydrotherapy to pay it off! that would be a great idea! but its only $6 for 30mins and the one we go to is an actual dog kennel, check it out, its so nice http://home.iprimus.com.au/missy2/Pool.htm
and its heated and it has a hot shower there as well to wash the salt water off. Its the best, i'm so glad its just up the road from us too :)

We took nelson to the vet when he turned one for a general checkup and told the vet that we were a little concerned about his left back leg. Because when he runs, every now and then he'll hop on his right leg. We weren't sure if it was his way of running or whether it was something to be worried about. also that his back legs are pretty stiff. Thats when they xrayed him and we got the bad news. :cry:

but he's such a trooper he has no idea his got a gimp leg and dodgy hips. he's still a puppy and does all the normal puppy things. my little bubba :)

#4 ·
Wow, he has come full circle in just one lesson. I think it is good he is swimming without the vest. Looking good!
OT Nelson looks to be big, how much is he weighing in. He is so handsome! People always say Moose is so big but to me he isn't so I am comparing. Moose is between 80-85 pounds at 14 months of age.

#7 ·
I think I will get Mo checked for HD, not because he favors a leg, but just to be sure we aren't letting him aggrevate a problem we don't know about.

How often does Nelly have to swim?

I still think the pool would be a great tax write off. This would be me:

#11 ·
THe first few times we took Nelson to the pool, i had to push him down the ramp. but now he jumps in after his ball when we throw it. He swims for 30mins every time he goes and he goes about 2-3 times a week. its great i'm so glad he loves the water. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.