Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

When we first got Nelson, he had a few different makeshift cardboard box kennels. We had jsut moved into a new house and had a few boxes coming in. so each time his house floor was soaked with pee, I made him a new one. The last one I was quite proud of because it took me a whole day to make it so i thought this might be a good place to show it off :)

This was the first one that I threw together out of a small moving box we had.

a close up of his belongings. btw the bear in the back corner has since passed. Nelson ripped his guts out and peed all over him. but he always slept with him and cuddled him but the bear got a little too stinky to keep around in the end.

This was his second room, it was just a little bigger.

A pic of Nelson in his second room with his first brand new dog tag! :)

The piece de resistance!! The house i'm soo proud of. We used to call it "Nelson's Apartment" coz it was so big. i started using black electrical tape to tape up the sides and gaps, then i decided to cover the whole thing with electrical tape. so its not black paint u see there, its strips and strips of black tape. i used about 4 rolls of tape to cover all this. the box was a big screen tv box crossed with a washing machine box. it has a little door (to block the wind and so he can get in and out).

Do not disturb sign and door knob

Name sign

New Flooring (tiling) that was put in because he had wee'd all over the original floor. i needed to cover the pee smell and i didn't want to tear down the apartment.

After all furnishings moved in, this was his apartment inside.

so yeah, thats all the effort that was put into nelson's little houses. he ripped this house down within a couple of months and i was devistated when i had to cut it up and put it the pieces in the trash. but at least i have photos of it :D

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
they look so comfy!!! They are cute tho :)

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Why would you want your dog peeing inside a cardboard box? Why not get the dog a crate and put it outside to urinate? Your lucky that Nelson didn't eat all those blankets, toys, and carboard and get a nasty obstruction. That is weird!

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I agree that you eventually need to get him a crate - it will make potty training easier, but I think his houses are cute! :D

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thats cute, am suprised he hasnt eaten the box though...I know odin would.

Odin does have a blanket of his own he stole from me that I keep in his crate, has never tried to eat it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Gordy loves to eat cardbord. I have to keep an eye on him when ever i have any in the house.
I think that was a really cute idea though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah Nelson pretty much chewed up the door and eventually ripped it off and ate a huuuge hole in the side of it within a month. but I left it a bit longer (coz i couldn't bare putting it in the bin so soon after creating my masterpiece) but had to cut it up to pieces in the end so it would fit in the trash because my boyfriend was sick of seeing a huge pile of chewed up cardboard and blankets in the corner of our alfresco. :(

crate training - yep we moved to that. The cardboard box house was when he was real early on about 2mths old maybe (he’s 7mths now). We didn’t want him to pee in the box he just did. but we found out he was peeing in his box because it was too big a space and he could pee in one spot and sleep in another spot in the box. and if we crate him he won't pee in his crate because its his own space. So we crate trained him and the little dude learned so fast he was house trained within weeks! god love him, i was so proud! :D

Oh and Nelson is always up for making new friends, so Scarlet is welcome to come round anytime. But just so Scarlet knows, Nelson’s moved out of his apartment and he’s living with his mum now if that doesn’t put Scarlet off. its only temporary until he can get a job and save up to get another apartment thats more stable (not cardboard). ;)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
4NGI3 said:
Oh and Nelson is always up for making new friends, so Scarlet is welcome to come round anytime. But just so Scarlet knows, Nelson’s moved out of his apartment and he’s living with his mum now if that doesn’t put Scarlet off. its only temporary until he can get a job and save up to get another apartment thats more stable (not cardboard). ;)
lmao that is GREAT! :lol:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Scarlet doesn't mind...as long as there is a promise for a better future!!!! Don't tell anyone but she says she still lives with her mom and dad too!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:lol: Cool, just let Scarlet know that Nelson is going into Protection training soon and there's quite good money in that so he'll be able to provide for her. Oh and I let him know about Scarlet living with her mum and dad, and he's really into girls who put their family first so there's no problem with that. ;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
4NGI3 said:
:lol: Cool, just let Scarlet know that Nelson is going into Protection training soon and there's quite good money in that so he'll be able to provide for her. Oh and I let him know about Scarlet living with her mum and dad, and he's really into girls who put their family first so there's no problem with that. ;)
LMAO!!!!!

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
lol i think thats great realy shows that you realy care a bout your dog ...dont lissen to people that make offside comments :twisted: THERE JUST JEALOUS you got somthing with your dog that they will never have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ALPHAMALE said:
lol i think thats great realy shows that you realy care a bout your dog ...dont lissen to people that make offside comments :twisted: THERE JUST JEALOUS you got somthing with your dog that they will never have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks! :D I agree, i think the ppl who like it are the ones who have this type of bond with their dogs's and appreciate that it was something i wanted to do for my little puppy and it wasn't supposed to be something serious. and the ppl who don't like it just have no idea what they're missing. :lol:

Nelson and i do have a special bond, he's like my son i love him to bits and i'd do anything for him. obivously i don't hve children of my own so to me nelson is my baby. he's the coolest and best behaved little boy. if he was people, he'd be the most popular kid in school. and not the ratbag trouble making popular kids, he'd be the handsome, smart and popular kid in school (that all the girls wanna date) :) he's single right now tho laaadies ;)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Love Nelson's Pad, cute! that sure wouldn't have lasted a 1/2 hour with my boy, he loves to eat paper (toilet paper, paper towels, doesn't matter,LOL) I love those eyes! Don't you feel at time you just can't say "No" to them. My boy, Josie suckers me every time with his eyes.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Josie's Proud Mom said:
Love Nelson's Pad, cute! that sure wouldn't have lasted a 1/2 hour with my boy, he loves to eat paper (toilet paper, paper towels, doesn't matter,LOL) I love those eyes! Don't you feel at time you just can't say "No" to them. My boy, Josie suckers me every time with his eyes.
Thanks :D i told my boyfriend that i put pics of nelson's apartment up and he asked if i put one up of what it ended up looking like before i put it in the bin. i really wish i took a photo of what it looked like jsut before we decided to throw it away. it was a sight i'll tell u that. i looked like a bum was living in the corner of our backyard in a rottten old carboard box with all holes all over it and huge chunks chewed out of it, then nelson would walk out of it! it was so funny!

and saying no to him? shyeah i get that feeling EVERYDAY! i'm the easy one out of me and my boyfriend. if nelson wants to do something, and his dad says no, he'll always ask mum next coz she always says yes! i'm a sucker for those puppy dog eyes! :oops:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
So true

LOL a sucker for him huh, Mine are the same way, infact mine don't even bother listening to their dad and more they go straight to me LOL they know who they can give the look to so they can get what they want. infact I am waiting on 2 new custom made collars for them , they are so spoiled. Oh and by the way , I have 3 kids all grown now and your not missing nothing, THE PUPS ARE BETTER LMAO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts