Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here, and new to the bulldog breeds. We are looking to adopt a dog locally. We found one that has been fostered and we have an idea of it's current temperment and health. The dog is around 6-8 months old, and I don't know what to expect down the road. It's said to be an "American Bulldog mix"......however, his sister is said to be an "American Bulldog/Shepard mix". I have no idea about his breeding since he was rescued as a puppy. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me some general information about this breed.....what to expect as far as behaviorally, health wise, and what kind of care he will need (I know I've read that they really need obedience training.....?) etc. or even direct me to some websites with good info. I know he's not a purebred, but he looks more bulldoggish than shepard (unlike his sister!). We have two boys, 3 1/2 and 6 years old, and 2 cats. The foster homes he has been in said he was good around cats and other dogs, and got along well with the "kids next door".

I don't mean to babble, but this will be our first dog (hubby and I had dogs when we were growing up, but none recently) and I'm getting a little nervous!! It's a big step, and we want to find a dog that fits well with us. The foster family says he has a wonderful personality, and wants to see him placed in a family with children, so I think that's a big plus!!

His picture is on petfinder.com, but I have no idea how to post a link. Didn't know if anyone would be able to look at him and see if he looks mostly bulldoggish, or would know what he might be mixed with. We're supposed to go meet him this weekend so I wanted to find out as much information as possible between now and then. Thanks for any and all help!!!!!

Tiny

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure that several folks here can help answer your questions. I have an AB and am in love with the breed now, but I'm no expert as I've only had him for about 8 months.

As for posting the link: just highlight the address at the top and copy it (control-c or right click, copy), then paste it in your post (control-v or right click, paste). Can't wait to see him! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here goes....I had a bit of trouble, so I don't know if the link will work. But if anyone could take a look at him and let me know what you think, I'd really appreciate it!!! We're supposed to meet him Sunday, and if all goes well, we could actually take him home with us.....don't know if I'm ready for that---we have a lot of dog stuff to buy!!!

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?ac...4a-app2&display=&preview=1&row=50&tmpl=&stat=

·
Registered
914 Posts
what a cutie i would get him in a heart beat. If i had the room. My next dog will be a resue. i would have done it the first time but Gordy was a gift to me.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
He's adorable! Sounds like a great dog.

If you want some info on ABs, just do some surfing and searching on this board. There's knowledge under every category imaginable! And if you can't find the answer, just ask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone, Im Gayle from yorkshire..in the uk, My adorable husband has got me this lovely dog for Valentines Day, I believe its a staff, but not really sure as every photo ive looked at , at his age theres no resemblance. Seems to be more of a greyhound to me.. Can anyone tell ? i beleive he's 10 weeks old on saturday..What ever he is i adore him, he's my baby.. ( the husbanks not happy now tho.. ) ha Thanks for any help in this..much appreciated. Gayle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts