Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this post is a little long but I need to tell this story.

Last Feb.27 (my birthday) my girlfriend and I were getting ready to go out to dinner, my girlfriend takes our dog Spike (pug) out for a walk about 15 min later I hear her calling for me outside I run outside and there is a young looking Pit Bull checking Kim and spike out. I call the dog over and he is very happy to see me for some reason, I check to see if he has any tags or anything but does not. Kim gets me a leash and brings some water in a bowl out for this dog along w/some kibble. Flash forward about an hour now I still have this dog w/ no idea what to do w/it I make a few calls to see if anyone wants the dog..no luck. I call the police to see if anyone contacted them about a lost or missing dog..no luck. Flash forward another hour..I still have this dog but don't think I can keep him so I put him outside and close the door thinking he would just go away after a while..no luck. Instead the dog runs from the front of the house to the back barking looking for me I can see him out of the window running from the front to the back the dog truly seemed heart broken. So I go back outside, the dog is pumped! Flash forward another hour..I have now started to think about getting a dog house the following morning (at least I know the dog won't starve or be put down) finally just as I'm giving up hope a friend of mine happily agrees to take the dog, HOORAY! I've saved this poor dogs life and made a friend happy at the same time.
So it seemed. My friend recently lost his job and has to move out of his apt. and can't take the dog w/him. So he has asked me to take the dog. I agreed. It seems that this animal, who found me! On my Birthday! Will end up here after all.
Now here is my qusetions/concerns
1. This dog (Zepplin) seems to be O.K w/Spike so far but remember Spike is a pug and a small incident could be life threatining to him
2. I won't be taking Zepplin full time until Sunday he has been over my house 3 times this past week for about 2-3 hours at a time the only incident was some growling with a Milk Bone. Can I make any judgements w/the time spent so far (i.e) If the dogs we not going to get allong would it have happened right away?

any help is a big help
Damian

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Number one they are very FOOD PROTECTIVE, so keep them seperated when feeding and treating. Second have a crate for him when he is not being supervised and in case you need to keep him seperated from your pug. Thirdly, Obedience Training as soon as possible. If you cannot afford the classes (they can be expensive) then pull up some info from the stickys in the training section and pull up a search on the internet for it. Forth, read up on their traits from the internet or from some books. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Don't forget pictures :wink:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Welcome to pit bull ownership.. beware.. LOL. You didn't say how old he was?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts