Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am setting for my granddog while my son is overseas for 7 months. He is Navy. LouLou is a beautiful brendle english bulldog. I have read a couple places that you can powder the wrinkles on their little faces when you clean them each night. Can someone tell me what is a good powder to use that will be safe. Any suggestions on care will be greatly appreciated. I have yorkies, my elegant furry little kids are still staring at this rather large addition to our family.
Thanks

· Registered
125 Posts
I'm not sure about the powder, but I have a friend with a pug who uses diaper rash cream in her "nose crease" lol. It gets really gross without it :pukeright:

· Registered
5,685 Posts
I don't have an English, but as I understand it, they can get that same yeasty stuff in their "tail pocket" as well, so you will need to keep that area clean and powdered as well. Welcome to the forum! I hope we can be of help to you while you're keeping the little guy.

Where will your son be for these 7 months? My cousin just got back from Iraq last week, so I (and several others on this board) know how it feels to have someone you love over there.

· Super Moderator
14,605 Posts
These are some tips from our previous forum:

My EB has light colored skin around his nose wrinkle which can sometimes look sore. I clean his wrinkles twice a day with baby wipes, then I put Aveeno diaper rash cream on. Also I by Johnson & Johnson liquid baby powder w/ cornstarch...which seems to be easier to put on then powder. Also, someone gave me the advice to use Bausch & Lomb - sterile neomycin and polymyxin B sulfate and bacitracin zinc ophthalmic ointment...where it is red. So far so good! It is a lot of work but it is worth it (Meatball)

We use baby wipes to clean our bully's nose wrinkles. Then we dry the wrinkles out with tissue and apply a very thin layer of Vaseline. If the wrinkles seem a bit red and sore, we apply a thin coating of Neosporin, instead of the Vaseline. We've been doing this for about 4 years now and it works very well. (OtisTheBully)

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the recommendations. This is my son's 2nd trip over, he is on an F-18 Superhornet fighter squadron called - ready for this - (The Pukin Dogs). We have another son who is special forces in the Army, his 11th year. He is already over seas on his 4th tour. We had both of them last year for the holidays, however, we won't be that fortunate this year. Thanks for the kind words.
I have really began to research the breed (english bulldog) so that we can provide her with the best care possible. I'll really be asking for suggestions from everyone. The forums can be so helpful. She is just beautiful and very well manored. After having Yorkies for so many years, they are wired all the time, I worry something is wrong with her because she just lays around. And she listen's to you. The little guys talk back and are very independent. What a household we have now.

· Registered
583 Posts
Every bully is different, and some require more care and cleaning than others. My Shrek doesn't have a deep set tail pocket, so he doesn't get funky there..his only issues is tear stains in his wrinkles. I wipe his wrinkles out every day and use Desitin Diaper rash cream to keep the moisture from sticking and getting yeasty.

Here are a couple good bulldog sites to read up on the breed..some great info!

http://www.bulldogsworld.com/

http://bullynet.com/

http://forum.bulldogdomain.com/

Enjoy!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Carrie, I will visit these sites. LouLou is coming this weekend, in fact she will be here tonight to stay for just over 7 months. So we are getting prepared. I did notice the tear stains in her wrinkle's last week. My son washes these areas with baby wipes, but of course the stain is still there. I don't know about the tail pocket, I'll have to watch for this. Thanks I'll take pictures next week so I can share them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.