Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vet said that getting my pitbull nuetered wouldnt stop his aggression but hes really good with other dogs and cats and a rabit but he likes to hump so much i will be getting him nuetered, also i cant have him run without his leash in my yard cause he like jumps and nips i know hes a puppy and is teething...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Getting your dog neutered has tons of health benefits and your vet is wrong, it CAN reduce the incidents of aggression with any breed, studies have shown the most bites on people have occured with intact males (amongst other factors such as chaining). As mentioned, it eliminates the possibility of testicular cancer completely, and it DOES reduce unwanted behaviors like territorial marking, and the urge to "run" when females are in season in your area.
There is really no reason to leave a dog (or bitch) intact unless it is a show dog with champions in it's heritage.

·
Registered
79 Posts
We had Diesel neutered as soon as we could since everything I read said that the earlier the neutering the more it would help with Diesel not becoming Dog aggressive.

Diesel still humps though so neutering them doesn't always stop that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
having you dog done

i had bryn done as early as i could hes laid back any way so nothing to report on calming down
but it stopped him romping my towels on the line :wink:
bless him :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts