Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Aw they are so cute. Congrats on a beautiful littler, Mom looks like she could have more. she is still large. She also looks very tired.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She had 8 pups, and she was so tired! She's be coming more comfortable leaving the puppies so she can eat and sleep. Her first litter she was so stiff because she refused to leave her babies. Now she comes out and plays with us while they sleep.

And I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this, our male Bentley is the most gentle bully I have ever known. Mercedes went into labor a few days early this time and she was sleeping in our bedroom that night her water broke. She had her 1st baby in her bed in our room (she cleaned the puppy and bit the cord) and knew she should be in her weening box so she walked downstairs and laid down in it. Bentley woke us up by nudging us, when we looked on the floor he had the puppy cuddled in his arms and he was cleaning her!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! And Mercedes had no problem with that, she accepted all of her babies! And if we show him one of his babies he lays on his back and wines. Now I remember why I love these dogs so much!!

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
My girl, Montana had her pups on 5/13 also. Hers were born between 3:40 and 7:40 p.m. She had 8 females and 1 male. Look for the Montana x Mosley thread. Congratulations. They look great. But, I agree, isn't it a bit quick having another litter on her very next heat?

~S

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is perfectly normal to breed back to back, but it can be a lot on the female. This is her last litter, we are no longer breeding her. We have our Diamond Girl who will be ready in about a year. Mercedes is 3 years old and now she has her whole life to relax w/no babies. It has been 6 months since her last litter she's doing fine. We would never do anything to hurt our mama :)

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
LoveMy3ABs said:
It is perfectly normal to breed back to back, but it can be a lot on the female. This is her last litter, we are no longer breeding her. We have our Diamond Girl who will be ready in about a year. Mercedes is 3 years old and now she has her whole life to relax w/no babies. It has been 6 months since her last litter she's doing fine. We would never do anything to hurt our mama :)
Like I said, this is Montana's 2nd litter, and probably also her last. I don't think we'll breed her again either, and she's not even 3 yet. Good luck w/ Diamond Girl.

~S

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.