Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
What breed is she/the puppies? (this matters because some breeds have trouble whelping)

Is this her first litter? (this matters, because you have something to compare her last labor to)

Did you get an ultra sound done to count puppies? (this matters so you can know for sure when she is done whelping)

Was the puppy born in its amniotic sac? (this matters because she may be pushing out the placenta after a dry delivery)

But... If you know she has more pups in her, then it may be getting close to time to take her to the vet for assistance. Sometimes it can be as easy as giving her meds to increase her contractions, but other times, a stuck puppy calls for surgery. A stuck puppy can lead to loosing the litter and the mom.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
She shouldn't be having only one puppy unless she's a toy breed (but then you wouldn't be asking here, LOL).
Please update..

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Well someone could've gotten a PM or e-mail from him, you know some of us know each other off this board.

·
Registered
172 Posts
PitBullRoyalty said:
She shouldn't be having only one puppy unless she's a toy breed (but then you wouldn't be asking here, LOL).
Please update..
That just depends, my boudreaux female had one male pup and another friend of mine was supposed to give me a couple pups from a litter and she only has one as well.

The size of the litter depends on a couple different things, sometimes health influences the # in the litter, othertimes the male ability/sperm count and if you use older frozen semen, in other cases if they don't tie the female can still get pg but have 1 pup or just a small litter and other times it depends on the females cycle if she was bred early most of the sperm could have died off before any eggs were ready and just 1 or 2 were fertilized or if she was bred late only a couple were left to fertilize. I've had 1-10 pups in litters.

I really hope for the females sake she just had a singleton and is ok, didn't die or have any problems with birthing! I really wish he'd come let us know how everything went, hopefully he got her to a vet just to make sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.