Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just joined up... I got pictures in the Photo section. I think I did a decent job on training my dog, for an amatuer with no experience.

He can sit, stay, lay down, come to you, go to cage, and is potty trained. I want to teach him to listen very well, because if theres a guest over, hes so excited he wont even listen to me. Also, I want to teach him to attack. Does anyone know South Florida trainers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Probably would want to look into a club that does protection training. I've heard that working on your own in that area can do a whole lot more damage then good so thats good that your looking for someone to help out too. I don't know of anyone at all, but maybe do a search or contact a local breeder and they might be able to help you out

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Kate said:
Probably would want to look into a club that does protection training. I've heard that working on your own in that area can do a whole lot more damage then good so thats good that your looking for someone to help out too. I don't know of anyone at all, but maybe do a search or contact a local breeder and they might be able to help you out
I agree. I've heard some bad things from people who tried to teach attack on their own. Maybe Lisa could help with this one, I know she does bite work with her dogs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out this site, its great. You have to find the "PREMIER TRAINERS". You select either trainer or school or whatever your looking for, then your state. It shows the businesses by city, its great.

http://www.k9trainers.com/

Thanks though guys.... thankfully nothing happen to me then, :p but ill be getting professional help.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I am not trying to start anything here but I do protection training and I dont think you have the right mentality to own a dog that is trained to attack...please do alot of research first on how to properly take care of one, liability issues, insurance ect ect! And even then your dog might not be the right candidate for such training, he needs to have a good temperment, drive and not display any nervousness when put in stressful situations! As the other members stated alrighty get ahold of someone who does protection training and have them educate you on owning such a dog and have your dog tested to see if he would make a good candidate but dont be disappointed if he is not alot of dogs dont make the cut, I have went through 3 of them before I found the right dog to do the work! And dont listen to people in the ghetto who say (I CAN MAKE YOUR DOG MEAN) education comes first so do your homework, I would realy hate to see your name in the paper because your dog jumped the fence and attacked some kid!

PS: Welcom to the forum :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yea, people always do tell me - "Oh is that pitbull? is he mean? does he bite/fight?"

Freakin retards.... my dog has excellent temperment, my mom babysits a 11 month old baby (Same age as boomer :D) and he never tries to attack, he licked her :p. He doesnt hurt or bite anyone aggressively. (Now and then he bites you because thats how I play fight with him, I smack him around and he tries to get me and stuff.... lol)

Some people tell me to feed him gunpowder to make him mean and aggressive and all that. Theyre stupid... I want this done professionaly for protecting my house, and to have a smart dog I can show off :p.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I honesty still dont believe you have the right mentality to own a protection dog though...sorry but I do believe this is your quote!

Cmoazz said:
OMG? Dont you people hit your dog? (hit him REALLLLY hard) he wont do it again.

If you have to hit your dog you are doing something wrong!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Protection training is a very serious thing to take on. It's a huge liability and like ambull04 said the dog will need the correct temperament. Even if your dog is stable around people, it doesn't mean he will have the correct drives and good nerve to be able to handle the training. In fact, most dogs don't, despite what many pet owners beleive. If you still feel you are up for the challenge I would suggest hitting some working dog forums so you can find a qualified trainer in your area. I am pretty sure there are some good ones in southern Florida that even have experience with bull breeds , you just need to find them. If you want some links to some other forums let me know and I will post them for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ambull040769 said:
Come hit this dog!
:lol: LMAO!! Im in love with that dog! Imagine being a bad guy coming face to face with that. Niice doggy. I want him. He doesnt need protection training, aint nobody gonna mess with him.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ambull040769 said:
I honesty still dont believe you have the right mentality to own a protection dog though...sorry but I do believe this is your quote!

Cmoazz said:
OMG? Dont you people hit your dog? (hit him REALLLLY hard) he wont do it again.

If you have to hit your dog you are doing something wrong!
Well I was pretty offended by your comment. So I hit him to train him, whats the big deal? Some people hit their kids... thats the way I knew to train him.

ambull040769 said:
Come hit this dog!
What do you mean by that? Im suppose to be afraid of him? Ide hitem.

Well if Boomer isnt the type of dog that should be in protection then the professional trainers will tell me so. (www.metrodadek9.com <-- Check out the pro!)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Cmoazz said:
Well I was pretty offended by your comment. So I hit him to train him, whats the big deal? Some people hit their kids... thats the way I knew to train him.
You don't think abusing animals (or children) is wrong?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow... I think this forum has strict rules against cursing, your making it pretty hard for me. What do you think I do? Give him a closed fist the the face? --- I hit him hard enough so he knows what it means, like anyone would do when disciplining their kids or pets.

Sorry, had to edit. Let's keep it nice please? ~Hausmommy

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I still consider it abuse. You physically hurt your dog. Ever hear of positive reinforcement?? (I wouldn't hit a child, either. I was never hit as a kid, and I don't think it's a necessary form of discipline.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well this is my first dog, and when my cousin had his first Boxer, they had called a trainer and they would hit him when he did something wrong. That was yeeeaarrrs ago and I barely remember. Either way thats what I did remember, and also that repetitions of making him sit, and all that is how to teach them.

You took it way above the line by saying that I abuse him, and for that, I think your an idiot. But then again, these are just opinions... both yours and mine. So maybe instead of saying that I abuse my animals, try "I think hitting your animals isnt right, there are alternative choices".

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Cmoazz...I asked nicely. Please no name calling, or saying what you think someone is. There is no need. Like you asked her, there are alternatives. You can simply say you disagree.

Edit:
Just an FYI, I'm keeping my personal opinion out of this one. I'm just asking that you all keep it civil, whether I agree or disagree with what you say.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.