Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we went and saw the puppies tonight. They will be 4 weeks old on Sunday. When my mother in law let Lucky (the mama) in to eat, Tanner went over to her bowl and started trying to eat her food. So we put puppy food in some milk supplement and let it soften and then they ate 2 small plate fulls of it. They loved it! But her are lots of pictures!

My daughter and Tanner.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Tanner biting Roxy's butt.

I wanted to give you guys something to compare Tanners size to so I put a CD down next to him so you can kind of see how big he is. The only problem was that he doesn't like Elvis and wanted to chew the CD up. :D

Poor Lucky can't even eat her own food without them nursing on her!

Tanner trying to steal some of moms food. Naughty boy!
Don't worry he didn't get any.

First solid food. Well kind of solid it was soaked in milk supplement. She had extra cans from when we had to bottle feed them.

Tanner doesn't miss a meal!

Lucky the mama

Tanner trying to escape!

We always wear them out when we go over there. This is how Tanner looked when we left.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
My gawd - they're just so stinkin cute!!! My "no new fosters" resolve melts away when I look at that!

Poor mama - they always get so thin with pregnancy and whelping. She was thin when your mom got her, wasn't she?

Aren't you so excited??? 4 more weeks! :D

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its actually my mother in law but yes she was VERY skinny when she got her. The previous owners were only feeding her food that was from the dollar store if that tells you anything. She has actually gained alot of weight since my mother in law has had her. But the only bad thing is she has heartworms and I think we are going to have to take the puppies at 6 weeks so she can go ahead and get the treatment. They also think she has arthritiis and possibly cancer on her skin. But the vet has not seen her for this. This is just what my mother in law thinks. So poor thing is not doing so well as far as health. Of course she is 5 1/2 years old and from what we have read alot of boxers don't live alot longer then 8 years. But she is wanting to get this heartworm taken care of as soon as she can. So as long as the puppies are eating good then we will probally have to take them at 6 weeks.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
:cry: Poor girl. I would go ahead and take care of the heartworms as soon as the pups are weaned, and get the skin biopsied. I would wait and see about the arthritis. She will start feeling a lot better with good food and care and no pups and no heartworms. Those aches and pains may subside a bit. Even if she only has a few years left, at least those years will be good and she will know love. :)

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering if alot of her acting like she is stiff after laying down, is because she has been so mallnurished. I mean they left her outside all of the time no matter what the temp. was outside. That is how she got pregnant. But yes she knows love now and will the rest of her life!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Puppy fever today!!! You guys are all making me so jealous! Tanner is adorable! I love their little feet! Their pads are so soft (sigh)...I think i need another! I hope the mom will be okay! I'm glad she got rescued from where she was! I have my fingers crossed that she doesn't have skin cancer!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.