Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Rick, and I am new to this site and the AB breed. My wife and daughter bought me our new AB puppy Gunnar for my b-day. He will be moving to our home in about 3 weeks. I have always admired the AB breed and am excited about owning one. I do however have a major concern...... our 10 pound, 4 y.o. Klee-Kai (minature husky) Nanook. I want to make sure they are introduced in the best manor to ensure Nanooks safety and place in the "pack". Do any of you have AB and smaller dogs? Should I be concerned about Nanooks future safety? For your information Nanook is fixed, fairly calm, and very socialized. His 2 best friends are a boxer and a 100 lb. lab mix. Gunnar will be joining a family that is always on the go with many regular camping trips to the desert, beach, and local mountains. We have a large group of very close friends with many other family dogs that all get along as a pack on these trips. Some of our friends have voiced a concern re-our choice in our newest family addition. I feel confident that with proper training and socilization Gunnar will be our familys dream dog. I look forward to your input. Thanx.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I have a 110 lb AB and a 3 lb Chihuahua, how's that? LOL The little dog runs the house but we do take precautions. We always supervise and never leave them alone together. The little dog doesn't even let the big dogs get near her, she's mean. :roll:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a 55lb lab and a 30lb beagle, along with my AB. They all get along great. I had my lab and beagle prior to bringing Hemi home. As far as introduction, since Hemi was just a small puppy, I first let my beagle into the house to meet Hemi. then put her back out and let my lab in. Then all 3 of them went out to the yard. They've gotten along great ever since (that was about 15 months ago). In fact, my beagle and AB are best buds, almost inseparable.

·
Registered
146 Posts
hey man, dont worry about your little one... we have a 20lb female Shiba Inu and introduced our new AB pup at about 12 wks old. Its a great thing for your AB because socialization begins immediatley. Your Ab will love your husky, dont worry about that. Abd the dogs will figure out pack order for themselves...as long as YOU are at the top, you will have no worries. Good luck and enjoy it, puppyhood FLIES by!

·
Registered
146 Posts
and as far as your friends concerns.... this will be a GREAT chance for you to help with the AB's image! All of your friends will learn that a 'bulldog' isnt a menace, but is a great, great family dog. Good luck again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the input. The more I read about the breed, the more I feel confident we are making a great decision. Gunnar is gonna be 1 hell of a dog. His father is a Johnson weighing 105lbs. He was a bite dog on an episode of Fear Factor. And his mother is a beautiful Scott with the attitude of a saint. I cant wait to see what Gunnar becomes.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
It has been all good here, just never trust them alone. She gets along great with my Chihuahua and my cat!!! Good luck with your new baby :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't think there will be a problem, my abbb is very socialized and is always around other people and animals.

P.S. looks like another canidate for pretty girls and bullies

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.