Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 2 Renascence Bulldogges. I have female named Saga who is almost three and I have a 10 week old male whose name is Ragnar. I have been involved with the UBA and the RBKC for over 3 years now. I love all the bully breeds and hope to meet new friends on this board.

Pelto's Saga

Vallhalla's Ragnar

Together

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Hello again!
I figured I'de reply in this thread instead of the other one :lol:

~~~
I know! I love the UBA board - but It's so hard to see if there are new replies to your posts (I know their red but you have to scroll through everything to find your post first), and after so many new threads, everything gets bumped.

Hey - did you ever have any troubles with any of your RB pups refusing to potty outside when it's cold??? Annie flat out refuses to go if it's cold. I don't want to leave her out too long with it being so cold. I've kept her out up to 20 min. and she just wont go. She will hold it until were back in the house. I don't really mind cleaning up after her (there are sooo many other things that would be much worse to clean up) but I know we'll end up having troubles when she's older if we can't come to an "agreement" now. Puppy piles and puddles are alot easier to clean up then large adult ones :lol: She will pee in her crate too - so crating isn't really working either.

I've never had a puppy (or any dog for that matter) who has been so against being cold for the 30 seconds it takes to go potty outside. :roll:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with the board..It is a nice start but really could use a little different set up. As far as her not wanting to go outside, Ragnar will hesitate and try to just run back in but that is when I get my boots on and take him to the edge of the backyard grass. So i figure by the time we make it back to the front door he will go. We have had a couple accidents but it does help having other dogs who could care less if it is cold..So he will follow them outside. But since he is so small, he goes alot more frequent and so we keep trying and I will put him in his kennel in between too if I think he does have to go and then take him out 15 minutes later and try again..

Thanks, Saga is my beauty queen. I hopefully will have some good news since we were able to breed her with one of Chadde's up and coming males. His name is Gargoyle's Ronin..Fingers crossed..I dont want to put it on the UBA board till I know for sure that she is.(so mum's the word...shhhhh) Last time we tried she did not take so hopefully this time is a go...

P.S...Ragnar is 14.8 pounds as of yesterday!!!

Sahrene

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Holy BIG puppy :shock: Annie weighed in at 6.5 pounds on the 9th. She's just 10 weeks today. Adam did say though that she was probably going to be a smaller RB - but she is like half the weight of Ragnar!

We'll just have to keep trying with Annie (not that I'de give up on her anyways) - at least until I go for knee surgery in a few weeks. Then she's going to be stuck in the house all day until my hubby gets home. We live in an upper duplex right now (were mid-remodel of our house), and I wont be able to do the stairs for awhile.

Good luck with Saga! I don't think I've ever seen a photo of Ronin, but if he's one of Chadde's I'm sure he's gorgeous! They'll make beautiful pups Im sure!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think part of Ragnar being bigger is he is a male and one of the bigger ones in his litter.
Wow, you have your hands full with knee surgery and a remodel..plus a puppy...oh boy!!

I will post some pics of Ronin on the board soon. He is Rust colored with a black muzzle..He is so nice! I cant wait!!

Sahrene

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Yeah, now that I think about it, Annie was the smallest in her litter. The other two were just HUGE puppies. I just had Annie out on the leash and tried your idea of taking her to the way back line of the yard and walking her back to the house. We had to take the walk 3 times before she finally went pee, but at least she did it outside! She didn't poo, though, so I'll have to watch her for a little while to make sure I can get her out before she goes on the floor.

I was impressed with her though, she usually balks at going down our upper set of stairs (open and high with poor lighting - I usually carry her down the upper ones, and have her go down the lower ones on her own), but she went right on down them this time! Im so proud of her!

Ok, I'll stop hijacking your introduction thread! :wink:

:lol:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your funny..LOL....That is great! They definatly have a independent side to them..But love to snuggle. We let Ragnar come into bed with us last night and he fell right asleep( which he usually is a bit of a wiggle worm) then at midnight I took him downstairs and let him out and then put him in his kennel.Saga usually sleeps with us half the night then crawls into her bed beside ours..but she is in heat so she is in her kennel and I could use the extra heat in this COLD weather!!!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
We've thought about bringing Annie to bed with us to see if that would help with her whinning, but our bed is so high, I'de be worried she'd fall off and hurt herself. She's kind of a klutz sometimes :oops: :lol:
She decided that she was fed up with her crate and barked and whinned ALLLLLL lastnight. So this is me this morning --> :sleepy3: Not sure what Im going to do with this noisy girl :lol:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wouldnt put her in your bed unless she is trained to sleep in her kennel already..If she thinks that she might get your bed instead of the kennel then you may be reinforcing her bad behavior of whinning through the night. Give her a couple weeks to get used to her kennel so that it is a option to have her sleep with you but she can also be ok by herself...
I know it is tough to be firm because they are so darn cute..LOL...........

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
SagaandRagnar said:
I wouldnt put her in your bed unless she is trained to sleep in her kennel already..If she thinks that she might get your bed instead of the kennel then you may be reinforcing her bad behavior of whinning through the night. Give her a couple weeks to get used to her kennel so that it is a option to have her sleep with you but she can also be ok by herself...
Yeah, your right about that! I think we may have found out why she was whinning all night. I think she was cold! Our kitchen (where her crate is) is heated - but it's so big I imagine it could have been a little chilly for her. We put a radiator (oil filled portable ones) in there by her on low. It seems to be helping cuz we've hardly heard a peep out of her since.

I think my baby might have a UTI too - so it's off to the vet on Monday :(

That's an awsome pic of Saga! She's such a pretty girl! And YES, they DO love to give kisses!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tinkerbell said:
SagaandRagnar said:
Yeah, your right about that! I think we may have found out why she was whinning all night. I think she was cold! Our kitchen (where her crate is) is heated - but it's so big I imagine it could have been a little chilly for her. We put a radiator (oil filled portable ones) in there by her on low. It seems to be helping cuz we've hardly heard a peep out of her since.

I think my baby might have a UTI too - so it's off to the vet on Monday :(

That's an awsome pic of Saga! She's such a pretty girl! And YES, they DO love to give kisses!
Well I am glad she is sleeping better but I do hope everything goes ok at the vet. I have never had any problems like that with my female..Good luck...

Sahrene..

P.S. Thanks for the compliment!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.