Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is keri, I have a male americam bull he's my baby. Im looking to breed him but not sure where to start or what I should look for, can anyone help me?

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Welcome! He's a cutie. I'm sure you'll probably hear the same thing from everyone else: Before breeding your dog, he should be thoroughly screened for genetic disorders (and not just an annual check up at the vet), tested and titled in conformation, obedience, atheletic activies, etc. And, of course, the female you are breeding him to should have gone through the same testing. You should only be breeding him to better the breed. What are your intenions with your dog, if you don't mind my asknig?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome.

I would start off with showing your dog at shows. Nobody will want to use him if they don't know he is around. Shows are where people go to show off, compete, and work there Bulldogs. It is a start. Second there has to be a reason to use your dog(not color). Like pedigree, hip scores, or titles on the dog. If I was you I would go to shows with him and bring his pedigree and show him off. Or I would buy a female.
Question for you is why do you wont to breed him?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts