Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bella and Remy got into the best vet in our area. He takes new patients on referral only, so this is pretty exciting. He charges an annual exam fee of $35/dog, but he never charges exam fees for individual visits (which were running us about $40 at our previous vet). That's great for people (like me!) who take their dogs to the vet for every little thing! This vet's office is a 20-minute drive from our house, but it will be so worth it!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Lucky! If I get out of the Vet for $100 for each dog I dance the jigg in the parking lot

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I feel you. I just got a new vet he charges for mini visits, like shots and little things $8 my last one was $38. and he's nice. I know the feeling! I'm happy for you and your crew!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Man...it seemed that no matter what we went for, we always ended up spending $204. That amount exactly. It's a conspiracy!
LMAO your prabably right

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Leeann, you'll have to let me know how you like him. I hate going to Eastland, and desperately want to get away from there.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HausMommy said:
Leeann, you'll have to let me know how you like him. I hate going to Eastland, and desperately want to get away from there.
I definitely will. I sat down and talked to him for about 15 mintues yesterday, and he seems awesome...really compassionate and knowledgable. Next time he's taking new patients (I think it's a couple of time a year), I'll be sure to let you know!

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
HausMommy said:
I definitely will. I sat down and talked to him for about 15 mintues yesterday, and he seems awesome...really compassionate and knowledgable. Next time he's taking new patients (I think it's a couple of time a year), I'll be sure to let you know!
That would be awesome!

·
Registered
120 Posts
thats awesome!

our vets annual exam runs around $40. actually, her rates are quite reasonable. our old vet would charge us $35 just to walk in the door! and we'd never get out of there for less than $100. and i dont think we could have afforded both of dogs surgeries if we had them done at our old vet. it probably would have costed us over $1000 for Honey's surgery alone. we started going to Animal Aid here. it's a discount walk in clinic. but it was becoming quite a hassle. waiting over 4 hours just to get rabies done, dealing with irresponsible owners and their aggressive dogs, etc. and when Butch got sick we decided against bringing him to animal aid.
I'm glad we finally found a good vet that doesnt cost much more than the walk in clinic.
I love our new vet, her office is only 5 mins from the house or work.
I'm so happy for you! I know the feeling when you finally find a good vet that doesnt drain your wallet and is good with your animals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts